• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

SF97s - just letting you know

emmado22

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
If you guys dont like it, VOTE WITH YOUR DOLLARS AND SHOP ELSEWHERE...... It's pretty easy. Hit GL where it hurts..in the wallet... Seems as if compalining to DMV wont get anyone anywhere, I can only imagine that calling your congressman wont get you too far either, so take issues into your own hands and shop elsewhere.. Lots of dealers out there where you can drive off with a title in hand on the same day.......

Bozor1000

emmado22 said:
If you guys dont like it, VOTE WITH YOUR DOLLARS AND SHOP ELSEWHERE...... It's pretty easy. Hit GL where it hurts..in the wallet... Seems as if compalining to DMV wont get anyone anywhere, I can only imagine that calling your congressman wont get you too far either, so take issues into your own hands and shop elsewhere.. Lots of dealers out there where you can drive off with a title in hand on the same day.......
Alot of members woud probably not pay a dealer price. I figure that since I'm getting a good deal, I can wait for the paperwork. It's not like I use my MV as a daily driver! I figure the wait on the title just gives me of an excuse to do my modifications to my MV. To me, the wait isn't a problem. [thumbzup]

FMJ

In Memorial
In Memorial
emmado22 said:
Hey, I bought assuming the process would be the same as the first SF97 I got from GL last September,

28 Days, not 120

And its a little late to take my money elsewhere as they have my money already

Thanks for your insight on this issue.

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Wow, looks like this forum was a real help for dealing with GL issues.

"If you don't like GL, go pound sand."

I wonder how we are going to fill an entire forum up with "I am having an issue here" and "Well, you knew what you were in for, so suck it".

Green_gator

I will give GL a week of my vacation time and go help them process forms if they let me only process the SF97s for our folks, mine first of course.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Folks, this is the SF97 help forum not the SF97 complaint forum. If you don't have anything positive to contribute, please take a break from posting. We know the process is slow and in some states unlawful but throwing bombs at each other does little to speed up the process. We're infighting here and we really don't need to be doing that.

FMJ

In Memorial
In Memorial
This thread was not originally here, it was in conversations.......if I'm wrong about that I apologise.

It will be locked soon anyway.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'm not trying to censor anyone, just asking to be polite, we are a family. I'm not scorning anyone!

DDoyle

Supporting Vendor
Folks, I've not read this entire thread - and I am not inclined to - but a few points come up.

First, a lot of folks are complaining "GL doesn't comply with my state's laws" - newsflash - I don't either - and likely neither do you. Ever exceeded the posted speed limit? Towed without proper rear lighting? Etc. etc. - Does this excuse GL from following the state code - no, but I seem to remember reading a wise man's words about "let he who is without sin cast the first stone".

Secondly, back in what some here call "the good ol' days" DRMS relocated from Battle Creek (where they have since moved back to) to Defense Depot Memphis - literally a few blocks from me. Based on my personal experiences, I can assure you that there were often delays - and very often errors - in the SF-97. Anybody who thinks that if GL was out of the picture we'd get accurate SF-97s on the spot (or even close to it) either has had different life experiences than I have, or wasn't participating in the sales "in the good ol' days."

Third, there are a LOT of people posting questions like "where is the master cylinder on my deuce" and "how do I shift it into low range". While your new toy is impersonating a planter as you await your SF-97 - take this opprotunity to first familiarize yourself with the operators manual (if you haven't already), and then go over the truck with a fine tooth comb. Your family, my family, and the families of other innocent motorists will be glad you did.

Fourth, take a look at the other thread about no SF-97 because the truck was sold as scrap. GL makes about the same (fixed) percentage on scrap sales as they do with truck sales - the price of scrap is soaring - and deuces and five tons are heavy. I would not be surprised NOR WOULD I BLAME THEM of the CEO of GL said "I've heard all this complaining - some of it rather personal to my staff - that I care too - all those trucks now are several 13000 pound lots of scrap metal, mutiliation required."

I used to be in the retail business - and before that, the wholesale business - and there are a number of product lines I dropped because I got tired of delivery complaints (and occassionally invited folks to never shop with me again). Right, wrong, or otherwise, I doubt I am the only person on the planet who thinks that way. Lets hope that the GL Chief isn't one of them!

Are things as they should be? NO! Are all the SS members being civil about this - sadly, its seems the same answer applies. Folks can certainly complain - but I suspect being polite and respectful rather than name-calling and threatening will probably get better results.

Regards,
David Doyle

FMJ

In Memorial
In Memorial
I've examined every avenue, DMV says I have to wait for the paperwork, and will only issue one 30 day temp tag, now used up. GL told me today that it will be another 30-60 days (I'm at 60+ and counting) I contacted DRMS, they punted back to GL. GL is now blaming DRMS. And Robyn has not commented on any of it, other than to suggest that by calling and asking about your paperwork you are slowing down the process. The mods chime in and say take your money somewhere else and don't tick off GL. So, I guess I'll just do repairs and preventive maintenance, and maybe one day the nice Fedex person will bring me a Christmas present.

FMJ out.

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Agreed. I'm not going to call any more to bother them. Lord knows my four trucks that are waiting for SF97s are in need of some good PM, so I'm going to take my time and work on that to keep me busy. The forms will get here when they get here, and my complaining isn't going to make it happen sooner.

FMJ

In Memorial
In Memorial
FreightTrain said:
well,100 days as of today.And still climbing!1/7/08 is the actual Start on date that GL said they entered it in their system or whatever.
Thats what I was told, its from then that they (GL) count they days to determine when you go over 30 days and then waive your 60.00 fee.

Green_gator

SF 97 request submitted and " in process" with GL on April 11. I figure that I now have a good portion of the summer to get all of the little things taken care of on my M109. A 60 day turn around hits in early June and 120 puts me in August. Of course there are some nice M35s coming up for sale later this month.......

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Wow, speak of the devil - all my SF97s showed up in the mail today, all four of them! Guess the 120 days was a gross exaggeration by GL, but still took 60 days for these. Guess my wait is over. Best wishes to all of you out there still waiting on the forms, hopefully they come sooner than expected as well.

FMJ

In Memorial
In Memorial
:shock: ...............Mike, I don't believe you.....you're trying to jerk my chain right?
I want pics..... ;) congrats man, just be careful when you leave the house, watch out for falling meteorites and such......

FreightTrain, where does this leave you?, you're over 90 right?

Crazyguypa

Lucky for me I called GL last night and I was told my SF-97 is being sent out tomorrow and I should have it in my hand on friday.

I submitted mine 1/8/08 so FT yours should be here within the next week.

I hated the wait but took advantage of the time to repair / replace some worn parts and familiarize myself with my new aquisition. I still have to change the fluids before I take it on the road and now that the weather is warming up it's alot easier on the body. Hopefully everything will be in order in time for Aberdeen. It won't have a pretty paint job, as it is still work inprogress, but as long as I have tags for it I will be there.

FMJ

In Memorial
In Memorial
maddawg308 said:
Wow, speak of the devil - all my SF97s showed up in the mail today, all four of them! Guess the 120 days was a gross exaggeration by GL, but still took 60 days for these. Guess my wait is over. Best wishes to all of you out there still waiting on the forms, hopefully they come sooner than expected as well.
They came via regular mail?, I thought they came via fedex.......

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks