• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

SF97s - just letting you know

USMilitarySurplus

The folks in Titling said today they're appreciative of all our customers who have been patient for the last couple months. They wanted you to know that.

Please continue to let me know your suggestions and ideas. And thanks for the ideas you've shared already.

FMJ

In Memorial
In Memorial
Robyn,

Any ideas about members who have their SF97 paperwork after 60 or so days vs. members who have been waiting 90 days?

Thanks.

FMJ

In Memorial
In Memorial
FreightTrain said:
yea,Or in my case I have been waiting for 104 days while some people have gotten theirs that sent them in MONTHS after me....
Kind of makes you wonder about their statement any time you ask about your paperwork:

"SF97 quests are processed in the order they are received"

But remember, they did graciously waive the processing fee. ;)

DDoyle

Supporting Vendor
Some say that the squeeky wheel gets the grease. At my shop, the squeeky wheel more often got replaced than greased.

Further - I once had my EUC turned down for "fraud". Seems they thought I lied about my address (post office serving my home was in a different county than the home itself, so when the property assessors office was contacted during the background check, they said I had no property), this was compounded by my telephone number being assigned to another community (and, as an unrelated aside, the fire station whose district I was in was in a third town - despite me being a few hundred yards from another...but I digress....). When I began nosing around to find out WHY I was turned down, I found this out. Fortunately, at that time the office making these decisions was about ten miles from my doorstep, so I invited them to come out and verify this personally. Shortly thereafter, my EUC was approved - which was long after the others on that sale were.

Could be anything - could be nothing - but doubt complaining on the forum will make it move any faster.

Keep wrenching on your and WM's other stuff in the meantime :)

Regards,
David

FMJ

In Memorial
In Memorial
Yeah David, I'm begining to think my stuff has been sent to the "special case" dept. for further review...... ;)

Maybe I should just resubmit all 8 requests again...... :)

Oh well.....Back to the shop.

FMJ

In Memorial
In Memorial
FMJ said:
Robyn,

Any ideas about members who have their SF97 paperwork after 60 or so days vs. members who have been waiting 90 days?

Thanks.
Bueller? ,........ Bueller?.........

FMJ

In Memorial
In Memorial
Just chatted with GL and found out this:

The following is a record of your online chat.
General Info
Chat start time Apr 23, 2008 1:43:04 PM EST
Chat end time Apr 23, 2008 1:53:39 PM EST
Duration (actual chatting time) 00:10:34
Operator Dru
Chat Transcript
info: Please wait for a site operator to respond.
info: You are now chatting with 'Dru'
Dru: Welcome to our live chat service! How may I assist you?
Harry Davis: Hello, I'm interested in status of SF97's I submitted in early Feb, Sale 3175, 3210, 3211 my cust number is 773560XX
Dru: Thank you, let me see what information I can get for you. Please hold.
Harry Davis: thanks
Dru: The latest information I have for you is that on 4/16/08, eight vehicle titles were requested (paperwork sent in) to the DRMS office in Battle Creek.
Dru: I do not know how long it will take for them to process the paperwork, but it is getting close to the end of a very long road. We are sorry it has taken so long.
Harry Davis: Ok, any ideas what DRMS processing time is running?
Harry Davis: sorry
Dru: No problem... I wish I could give you a timeframe...
Harry Davis: So this includes the paperwork that was submitted in March as well?
Dru: February and March.
Dru: Correct
Harry Davis: Ok, Thanks Dru.
Dru: Thanks for being so patient, we are working on getting the timeframe down.
Harry Davis: I understand, thanks for your help and the info.
Dru: Is there anything else I can assist you with today?
Harry Davis: No, have a good day
Dru: Thank you! You have a great day as well Sir!

This the most info I've ever been able to get from GL..... Wonder how long DRMS will take?

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
SF97s were always processed at the DRMO site. Something smells very fishy with the whole deal. Just so you folks don't feel so bad, I'm still waiting on the SFs for the 2 trucks I won on 10/31/07. Approaching 6 months!

FMJ

In Memorial
In Memorial
Recovry4x4 said:
SF97s were always processed at the DRMO site. Something smells very fishy with the whole deal. Just so you folks don't feel so bad, I'm still waiting on the SFs for the 2 trucks I won on 10/31/07. Approaching 6 months!
*insert barfing smiley here*

6 months?, good god, I apologize for the ranting I've done over just 2.......

Kenny, they have confirmed that they have received your paperwork right?

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
FMJ said:
Just chatted with GL and found out this:

The following is a record of your online chat.
General Info
Chat start time Apr 23, 2008 1:43:04 PM EST
Chat end time Apr 23, 2008 1:53:39 PM EST
Duration (actual chatting time) 00:10:34
Operator Dru
Chat Transcript
info: Please wait for a site operator to respond.
info: You are now chatting with 'Dru'
Dru: Welcome to our live chat service! How may I assist you?
Harry Davis: Hello, I'm interested in status of SF97's I submitted in early Feb, Sale 3175, 3210, 3211 my cust number is 773560XX
Dru: Thank you, let me see what information I can get for you. Please hold.
Harry Davis: thanks
Dru: The latest information I have for you is that on 4/16/08, eight vehicle titles were requested (paperwork sent in) to the DRMS office in Battle Creek.
Dru: I do not know how long it will take for them to process the paperwork, but it is getting close to the end of a very long road. We are sorry it has taken so long.
Harry Davis: Ok, any ideas what DRMS processing time is running?
Harry Davis: sorry
Dru: No problem... I wish I could give you a timeframe...
Harry Davis: So this includes the paperwork that was submitted in March as well?
Dru: February and March.
Dru: Correct
Harry Davis: Ok, Thanks Dru.
Dru: Thanks for being so patient, we are working on getting the timeframe down.
Harry Davis: I understand, thanks for your help and the info.
Dru: Is there anything else I can assist you with today?
Harry Davis: No, have a good day
Dru: Thank you! You have a great day as well Sir!

This the most info I've ever been able to get from GL..... Wonder how long DRMS will take?

Attachments

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
They have it. They sent me the FL reassignment forms to complete early in the month. I completed them and they were delivered on 4/9/08. Just have to start the wait again.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
All in good fun! Can you imagine what they picture when they talk to me? :D

FMJ

In Memorial
In Memorial
MilitaryRestoration said:
is the weight and gvwr on the request form critical?
I would think so, in some states they charge by weight, and that info is taken from the title......

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks