• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Deuce ride yesterday.

beaubeau

:driver: I had to take the Deuce out for a ride to move a Skidder for my friend. Started out with my 2006 Chevy 1Ton Duramax. Got skidder loaded and moved about 50ft, when I noticed last axle on trl wasn't right. Missing Bolt on Spring equalizer. Got it fixed but realized Duramax had lack of power. I think after 20,000 miles, it;s time to change Fuel filter!!??? Return home and get the Deuce. Loaded Skidder and we made it about 12 miles. Deuce sounds good pulling 24,000lbs Skidder! Best tourque seems to be around 1500-1800 RPMs. Pulls Hard and steady, just like old Cummins 220, Slow but Steady!! Unloaded skidder, and head home. Stop to put 20 gal of good diesel, OFF Road. Drove about 4 miles and Deuce starts to Starve for fuel. Well, Ran low rpms and made i t6 more miles and shut it down in my Yard!! I guess it;s time to change filters on the Deuce. I haven't done anything to it except put fuel in the tank, and anything else that would burn since I purchased it from GL!!
Happy Easter All, Phil :grd: :beer:

m376x6

Hauling Heavy

I've bought and restored or repaired around 44 deuces over the last twenty years. I drove my 1982 down to Pueblo Army Depot and loaded a huge diesel generator and control panels and detached radiator. Ended up carrying 22,000 pounds. Hauled it to North of Denver for this friend, drove like a dream. Gawd I love big iron. Every few days I seem to think I need another deuce, but have ended up selling the 3 I have bought for my personal use over the years after realizing they aren't used as much as they should and setting for much too long a period at times. You'd be amused at some of the interesting folks over the years who have bought some of my trucks. What a delightful and sometimes colorful bunch. I think the biggest regret I have is selling both of the M656 8X8's I owned and the M342A2 Dump. Oh well, better to have owned, sweated, bled, and loved, then say goodbye, than to never have tasted at all.

Regards,
Bryan aka M376X6

jwaller

RE: Hauling Heavy

I have to change the fuel filter on my duramax about every 10k. but also have a uploader on with with a 120+hp program. It's amazing what that thing can do.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks