• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Processing......

FMJ

In Memorial
In Memorial
Robyn,

What date/timeframe SF97's are being processed right now at GL?
All I can ever get from the chat room person are canned responses, such as, "they are in process" which tells me nothing.....

Thanks.
Ed

USMilitarySurplus

I know you don't like that phrase, 'in process'. But honestly, it is a process. I'm not sure how else to word it. Titling is working on request forms received in Jan. There are people who work on titling forms specifically. That's all they do. And since they're behind, they waived the titling fee. So we're absorbing the cost of processing the paperwork. I don't know very many businesses that would do that.

Not to be a jerk, but the more that the titling folks have to answer questions about where in the process the forms are, the less time they have to actually work on them. It's my understanding that customer service fields the phone calls/ chats/ emails so that Titling can keep working.

FMJ

In Memorial
In Memorial
They were doing mid Jan requests the last time you commented on this subject, a couple of weeks ago I believe.
The interaction I had with the chat operator, Meredith, took all of 2 minutes. I'll be sure not to bother the GL customer service reps any further with my concerns as I don't want to slow down the processing of my requests . Not to be a jerk, but I've been looking at 7 vehicles sitting in my yard for the last 2 months that I can't do anything with because I don't have a title.

Thanks for your time.

Armada

I'm sure GL has approached different solutions to the backlog problem, but wouldn't adding more staff to process the overflow of SF97 applications help until they are caught up? Robyn?

WillWagner

The Person You Were Warned About As A Child
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hey FMJ, Maybe the backlog is from all your stuff :wink:
Just pokin' fun at ya :lol:

jim-m35a2

Does anybody say please and thankyou to any of the GL people? They have been good to me. They have a lot of Sh*t to deal with. They are working things out the best they can. It is not the employees fault they are swamped with title orders. GIVE THEM A BREAK.

Jim
________
PRISON BREAK FORUMS

Last edited:

FMJ

In Memorial
In Memorial
jim-m35a2 said:
Does anybody say please and thankyou to any of the GL people? They have been good to me. They have a lot of Sh*t to deal with. They are working things out the best they can. It is not the employees fault they are swamped with title orders. GIVE THEM A BREAK.

Jim
Actually Jim,

I did say "Thank you for your time" after I was chastised for asking why it has taken 2 months to get a SF97.

Not to be a Jerk though......

Michael

They are working things out the best they can. It is not the employees fault they are swamped with title orders. GIVE THEM A BREAK.
Actually, it is their (the company not the employees) fault. They are a large corporation with offices in most if not all 50 states and the sole contractor disposing of all of the surplus this country generates. If you go by the number of used vehicles sold they must rank high on the list of companies selling used vehicles, yet they want to act like an individual selling a single used car. A company of this size and stature should be able to monitor the number of vehicles coming up for sale and predict how many titles will need to be processed and have staff cross trained and standing by before the forms start coming in. A company of this size and standing should know that most states require a title to be furnished within so many hours of a transaction not so many weeks. Having said all of this, I am not mad or even much upset. I knew of the time factor before I bid and bid anyway. So I am waiting like everyone else and searching the site looking for something else to buy. :)

Floyd

Bingo! Thanks Mike. How many cars are sold in the US everyday, how many people wait 60 plus days for their paperwork? As someone stated in another post, it is a business.

Floyd

FMJ

In Memorial
In Memorial
Michael said:
They are working things out the best they can. It is not the employees fault they are swamped with title orders. GIVE THEM A BREAK.
Actually, it is their (the company not the employees) fault. They are a large corporation with offices in most if not all 50 states and the sole contractor disposing of all of the surplus this country generates. If you go by the number of used vehicles sold they must rank high on the list of companies selling used vehicles, yet they want to act like an individual selling a single used car. A company of this size and stature should be able to monitor the number of vehicles coming up for sale and predict how many titles will need to be processed and have staff cross trained and standing by before the forms start coming in. A company of this size and standing should know that most states require a title to be furnished within so many hours of a transaction not so many weeks. Having said all of this, I am not mad or even much upset. I knew of the time factor before I bid and bid anyway. So I am waiting like everyone else and searching the site looking for something else to buy. :)
Yes, they should know!....and I'm tired of getting hit over the head with the "We have waived the 60.00 fee" excuse........I was fully prepared to pay the 60.00 fee....but instead of paying GL, I'll be paying the late fee's to the State because my vehicle title wasn't transfered within 30 days. Its all good though, see, :D I'm smiling!!!!!!

Deep cleansing breaths, Deep cleansing breaths.......oh the H ell with that, give me a beer......... ;)

jim-m35a2

GL has your money for the MV. Why do they care if you don't get your title on a timely basis. What are we going to do, go someplace else?
The employees, I am sure, are complaining about being over worked and getting nasty complaints. How many of us has this happened to at work. When you ask your boss when are they going to hire more people to help with the work load, the general response is, "They are looking in to it" or "They are interviewing."

I do not blame the employees. I have had very nice service from them.

I submitted my SF97 today so maybe in May I will be saying WHERE IN THE H#LL IS MY D*MN SF97?????? :twisted:

Jim
________
Hurt from avandia

Last edited:

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
OK, for what it's worth, I FAXED my SF97 request on 2/21/08. On 3/27/08 they sent an email stating they lost one page of my paperwork and would I kindly refax it. I was almost pleased to have someone admit to losing something. So in just over a month at least I know they are working on it. If GL wanted to provide the SF97 on a timely basis, they could. DRMO always had the SF97 available at the time of pickup.

FMJ

In Memorial
In Memorial
Wow, you got an email?, the usual response is "we have no record of your fax, can you send it again?" I went through this with my SF97's when I tried to verify they actually had them..... Then I got the "send it to our cust. service fax number and we will forward it to our titling dept., and send you a confirmation email", to date I have never received a "confirmation" email.......
When you have a contract with the Gov that doesn't expire for five years, you become the Government........

FMJ

In Memorial
In Memorial
Robyn, I was told by a GL rep via chat that the hold up with SF97's is now because of DRMS?, is this true?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks