• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M35A2 PLASTIC MODEL KIT (WANTED)

No.2Diesel

Hi,

I am attempting to construct a scaled architectural model of my property including house, barn, sheds, landscaping, and elevations. I would like to add matching scaled models of my cars, trucks, MV, and tractor. I understand that 1:35 will probably be the scale of choice.

I went to one of the local hobby stores and could not locate a kit for my M35A2. Only a CCKW. I was told that the M35A2 was discontinued. Does anyone know what brands still make the applicable Deuce model kit? You would think that it would be a pretty common request. Thanks in advance for your help.

Novice Modeler (expert model destroyer)

Deuceswild

M35A2 Plastic Model Kit

No.2Diesel,

I have a kit which I have opened but that is it, totally unassembled. I was going to build it to match my truck but I no longer have my truck and no longer need this kit. It is a 1/35 scale, please see pics below. PM me if you are interested.

Attachments

M813rc

Steel Soldiers Supporter
That AFV Club kit is absolutely the best M35 available. It is not a cheap one, but you do get what you pay for.

If you want a little one, Roco Minitanks makes a nice M35 in 1/87 scale. (They also make an older one that is not particularly accurate, so be careful which one you get. The newer one has rubber tires).

littlebob

Does the AFV club kit come with different top options? I haven't done a model in years, but would like to have one for those rainy or cold days I'm not working on the real thing.
littlebob

Adamlee

No.2Diesel said:
I went to one of the local hobby stores and could not locate a kit for my M35A2. Only a CCKW. I was told that the M35A2 was discontinued. Does anyone know what brands still make the applicable Deuce model kit? You would think that it would be a pretty common request. Thanks in advance for your help.
Hey No2diesel - another amateur here - I found some great plastic model forums out there in internet-land. One that I like is related to the hobby magazine Fine Scale Modeler......

http://cs.finescale.com/forums/

I try and do lots of reading...but besides this one link, there are really so many great hobby sites to choose from. Many have "for sale" columns, just like here on SS. I found a few out of print kits that way, of course; Ebay like was mentioned is good too.

I thought Tamiya used to stock a decent M35 in several versions, I had one that I thought Tamiya made that was an M49C water tanker truck version of the M35.

I hope some of the expert modelers from SS start posting their pics again! I really liked those scenes that 67Beast, Charles King, and Bigbee posted. Great stuff!

I would like to get ahold of some late model stuff, as well....that Stryker variant Charles King did was awesome! And the OIF scene 67Beast did got me thinking late-model too!

Keep the modeler's forum alive, yall!

DDoyle

Supporting Vendor
RE: Re: M35A2 PLASTIC MODEL KIT (WANTED)

I've done considerable work for modeling magazines (and used to operate a hobby shop)....the M49A2C was made by AFV Club as well.

AFV may have discontinued the kit - but that is about like say Continental has discontinued making LDT parts. Yes, but LDT parts and AFV Club M35A2 kits are both still readily available.

Best wishes,
David Doyle

Deuceswild

Re: RE: Re: M35A2 PLASTIC MODEL KIT (WANTED)

Ruppster said:
Jeff:

Is it too late to get a copy of part of the instructions from your M35 kit? I just bought the AFV Club gun truck deuce and I need a copy of the instructions that pertain to the cab assembly from a non-gun truck kit. Thanks.

Ruppster
1985 M1009
Rupster,

Yes I can help you out, It will be a few days though, my modem at home is out right now so I have no internet access, I am currently at work.

I will get you a copy of the instructions.

67Beast

Yep. AFV Club has the best M35 series of vehicles in 1/35th They have the M35a1 Gun Truck "Nancy", the M35a2 Cargo, and the M49a2c. They can usually be found fairly easily on ebay or in modeling forums. Revell made a M34 model that can be found, but it is very light on detail compared to the AFV Club.

Ruppster, If you need a copy, I can make a set for you, I have all 3 AFV trucks in my stash. I bought a big lot of the M35a2s, because I one day do plan to build them all with different paint jobs, IE: 4 color MERDEC, 3 color NATO, Desert, and I already have 24087 Green ones built.

Here are a few pics of the AFV Club trucks and one Revell M34

Attachments

67Beast

Also on a side note, the Revell M34 kit is a hard top truck. I cut the top off the one I built and plan to add it to one of the AFV Club m35s I have left to build. I have checked the fit and it is very close and should go on without major mods.

M813rc

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I finally figured out the number for the good Roco Minitanks M35, it is #484. This is 1/87 (HO) scale, about 3" long. Can be with or without a winch (both bumpers are included).

Incidentally, this series of neat little military trucks is what started the whole OD Sickness for me when I was a little kid.

Attachments

Wolf.Dose

The Monogrm truck with a copy of the matching wheels and a modified bed also will do it. I built this gas REO in 1982. The wheels are cast copys from the 88 Tamiya Flak 38. The bed id scratch built. For the early years of the German Army this is good enough.
Wolf

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks