• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Not quite a HMMWV

RAW

But it's awfully close.
It's actually a 95 2door H1.

I've owned 3 H1s previously, and I thought I was done with them. But . . . it's a sickness . . . and I got this 95 project for a great price.

The interior is pretty useless. The construction company that owned it let the interior trim get trashed (mildew, sun damage, etc).

I'm in the process of stripping the truck. The plan is to get the body off the frame, then blast and repaint everything. And I'm thinking water-based CARC for most of it, with line-X for the floor and bed.

And I've been toying with the idea of replacing the 2-man top with the ambulance top. Jury's still out on that one.

Anyway, here are the pics:

That's how it looked the day it arrived.
Since then, I've torn out almost ALL of the interior trim.
All that's left is the plastic dash and steering wheel.

So, let's hear it: Would y'all be interested in me posting more pics as it comes along? Or is it too civilian?

Attachments

RAW

Hehe. Yep.
I finally yanked those off today.

I couldn't stand looking at them any longer.
1 piece steelies underneath.

Those'll be swapped for a set of 2-piece steelies.

This truck doesn't have CTIS or power windows. It's the most basic HUMMER that I've owned. Doesn't even have a turbo motor. Went with the all mechanical 6.5, the only computer is for the transmission.

Really wish that the HUMVEE interior parts would swap in without problem.
I'd much rather have the HMMWV air-diverter and dash (just with civy gauges installed).

I may try to fab something like that up myself. I really don't want any plastic pieces inside anymore. We'll see.

RAW

I really prefer the look of these trucks without all of that plastic junk.
If I can figure out what exactly that cement-like sealant is (Proseal?), I can order the appropriate stripper for it. Then I can go back and Line-X the floor, tunnel, etc.

It's funny, there are no holes in the trim for speakers . . . and yet there are speaker wires run up the B-pillars and all around the roof. Guess they wired 'em up regardless of whether they were radio-delete? I dunno.

And a pic with those silly wheel simulators removed

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks