• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Another M37 Recovery

maxim

With a borrowed truck and borrowed trailer and massive preparation and a 450 mile round trip with no incidents. I know, I know, just another M37 that has seen better days but ahh, all the parts are there and there is potential. The seller was generous with an abundance of spare parts and... a clear title! I have not yet determined to resto or part the poor thing and me the hopeless romantic, wants to save her, ( late 1951) ...the worse are the doors and the best are the troop seats and canvas. Princess out a sow's ear???? maybe.... Thankful for a safe trip and another one safe from the scrapper for now....and the best she is mine now...I shall be welding and grinding in my sleep...
'A little powder, a little paint makes all things quaint".

Attachments

67Beast

Maxim, you do like a challenge don't you! If you need parts, I know Pierre Jalving in Holland has a few depending on what you need. I have to head down there on Monday to pick up some parts for my deuce. Otherwise look north and bug Lane. He has a stash of 37 parts that I got some pieces from for my M37 I just finished.

maxim

Tell PJ hi and tell him what I have gone and done...I may need his magic wand..He is getting pretty sticky with his M-37 parts and has a Ambulance settin there for his next project. I talked to Lane and he showed me what he has. I may stop by you some day on the way to the Tulip Patch and look at yours for inspiration.

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'd save it, don't part it out. The sheet metal on the cab and bed looks very nice. I've seen worse come back from the dead.

67Beast

maxim said:
Tell PJ hi and tell him what I have gone and done...I may need his magic wand..He is getting pretty sticky with his M-37 parts and has a Ambulance settin there for his next project. I talked to Lane and he showed me what he has. I may stop by you some day on the way to the Tulip Patch and look at yours for inspiration.
Stop in, I'm always around. Here is a recent pic to help you get some inspiration!

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks