• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Squatter Swatter gun truck

DDoyle

Supporting Vendor
Guys, a friend of mine contacted me this evening seeking the whereabouts of this gun truck replica. Anybody seen this vehicle at a show or in a museum?

Thanks,
David Doyle

Driver523

Here's a link to where the Sqatter Swatter is---Now the guy that built this truck has passed and had no part in what your going to read---but James Lyles and I both have contacted this place and they so far have refused to correct what they have to say about this truck---this is a problem-----here's the link and read what they have to say about this truck---if you feel like it contact them and set them straight---this is just the start of whats going to be happening--------Thank you in advance for any help in making this right-------Driver

WOLFMAN1

i seen one somewhere on this site that looked like one of those called the black widow. there was a thread with pics of it painted black. I"M thinking, I'm thinking, darn it! sorry guys

Driver523

Black Widow has been replicated--its in Pensacola---But there was a Black Widow in Nam that Ron built his replica from----I don't think there ever was a Squatter Swatter in Nam---Then they are passing this thing off like it was actually there and intimidated the Vietnamese---Like James says---<I think they mean the Viet Cong>----we talked to them--they told us it was brought back from Nam---used in a movie and then sold to them---they also stated they would do some checking and make things right---that was well over a year ago-------------Driver

Driver523

Squatter Swatter in NOT a replica----The guy that built the truck had a last name of Black I think---And from what I have gathered he never passed it off as a replica----Driver

boomer

D Doyle,
I see your old post surface again. (Why would he contact you?) As Driver mentioned, it's in Il. Along with a lot of other nice mv's.
They do a lot with the Chicagoland MV'ers. Always inviting me to the event they have, but it's always a conflict with other things.

SETOYOTA

Steel Soldiers Supporter
the name came from a L-9 bird dog plane that Eddie Black once owned. He is the guy that built the truck. He never passed the truck off as a direct replica and was quite open about how the truck came to be. It is a representive of trucks that existed. Eddie Black was a top notch guy.

nw42

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Eddie Black was definitely top notch guy and I still miss seeing him around at MV shows in the Southeast. He told me several times of the time,effort and large sums of money that went into building the "Squatter Swatter" That truck was never passed off as a era original and he had photo's of the build. Eddies projects were all done to A+++ level. R.I.P Eddie Black

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks