• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

CUCV history

RoboGaJr

Hello all! I just purchased a CUCV last Friday and was interested in the history of it. I have no idea were to start my search. I found this site while looking and found it very interesting. Here are the details from the driver side data plate. Model-CD-10516, stock# 2320-01-123-2665, Reg#NF0HB5. It is Desert Tan and the previous owner said he purchased it at an auction. This is a project my son and I are on and any info would be greatly appreciated.

CARNAC

The Envelope Please.
Supporting Vendor
Where's the dude with the:

THIS THREAD IS WORTHLESS WITHOUT PICTURES

banner. (LOL)

I have a desert tan M1009 also and want to see pictures. I suspect this is the desert tan M1009 sold at GL in Florida a few weeks ago.

Info on vehicle: Organization: 85TH DIVISION TRAINING, HEADQUARTERS AND HEADQUARTERS COMPANY 2085 TRAINING AUGMENTATION UNIT
Nomenclature:TRUCK UTILITY 3/4TON Model:M1009 NSN:2320011232665
Serial Number:J2GF141960 Registration Number:NF0HB5 Year of Mfg:1986
Manufacturer:93219 Contract Number:DAAE07-82-C-4060
Usage Miles: 42705

Was shipped around 20 Sept 2005 to Camp Blanding Florida for 2nd Battalion, 350th Regiment (Training). It does not appear it was entered into the maintenance database upon arrival. Suspect it sat until they got it to DRMO.

Don't forget----PICTURES, PICTURES, PICTURES.

medlog

AJMBLAZER

Aaaagh, Michigan...

...watch it closely. The word I've gotten around here is that the NG boys didn't take good care of their CUCV's at all.

CARNAC

The Envelope Please.
Supporting Vendor
AJM,

Actually those dang Army Reserve guys. Especially in those training units. You've heard of hot bunking in submarines, well they hot seat a lot in vehicles.

AJMBLAZER

I guess a lot of the Sheriff's Department outposts and small town PD's got cast off CUCV Blazers up here and the jist of what I heard was "lack of maintenance or cleaning". Guy was amazed at the condition of my M1008 until I told him it wasn't from Michigan.

Sarge

Mystery vehicle

Medlog, O great Karnac,
here is a question for you....
I bought an ultra top-secret project vehicle a couple of years ago.
It has not made it's debut yet to Steel Soldiers nor to my fellow club members of the Lone Star MVPA chapter.
The US Army serial number NP01JF was marked on it.
I am very curious about it's history.
Can you tell me anything about it?
Waiting with baited breath.....
-Sarge

G-Man

RE: Mystery vehicle

Oh almighty Medlog, the all-seeing, the all-knowing....

(If sucking up a little doesn't work, I'm buggered!!) :mrgreen:

If I dug out the details for my M1009, would it be possible for you to find out it's unit history please? That's if it's not too much trouble for you. Yes, I will make a donation towards the running of this site.
I would like to restore my beastie back to it's unit markings.

Scott67

Hi not sure if this thread is still active. I just purchased a 1999 CUCV from my local town. I'm trying to find out what the history of this suburban. The only identification is the VIN number. 3GCGK26F8XG243870. I did a car fax prior to buying but the service record is from 2010 to present. 1999 to 2010 is the mystery. Any help would be very appreciated. Thanks, Scott

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks