• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

(Back to!) converting to a tractor!

oifvet

Steel Soldiers Supporter
(The title of this thread was: "Changing a cargo truck to a tractor."

I want(ed) to make this happen, but I'll need to turn to Steel Soldiers to make it happen.

Let's say I build the tractor variant. I will be romoving the bed, including complete troop seats and NOS bow set. I also have four (4) NOS cargo end-curtains. Two are canvas, and two are green vinyl. There are two very straight tail-gates that will be for sale as well. The bed, bows, and better-of-the-two tail-gates are in Indiana. The curtains and second tail-gate, is in Ohio.

At this time, I am trying to assess whether or not selling these items is possible, easy, and will defray some of the cost associated with the conversion.

I'm just testing the waters right now, to see if there is any interest in the items. I'm also hoping that the interested "potential" buyers, (of the cargo bed, tail-gates and troops seats, especially), would be able to pick the items up directly. Shipping could be a bear for these.

I know, I know... "E-bay!" I buy from there, but have never sold. I'm not really wanting to get into that right now.

Again, just looking to see which direction to go. This is the first stop.

Here are pics of the truck/bed as they are now. The troops seats are not complete in the pictures, but they are now. They are completely, complete.

I suppose it's safe to say, these items are for sale if I find out that there is a market, and I can get out of them enough to make this project worth taking on.

Please use the PM or e-mail feature here at SS if I can provide any additional details not mentioned in this post.

Thanks in advance for helping me with the project.

Attachments

hndrsonj

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
You'll sell the parts without any problems. Good luck trying to find a duece bridge truck headache rack though. CSI has a bunch of 5 ton racks that could be made to work but will be spendy.

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
This sounds like an interesting project, since the price of M275 and M48 tractors are too high, making a clone would be more economical. I could use the troop seats, but the shipping would be murder. Keep us posted with pics on your progress!

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
Mike, just pick up the troop seats at Haspin, no need to worry about upsetting any wheeling clubs there. You murderer.

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Now that I have a truck (EUC notwithstanding) I may want to do something with that whatever you call it on the back and put something different on.

You know how close I am to ya.

;-)

I have an Ebay sellers account if you need help with that too.

steve

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I was unaware thar deuce tractors were expensive. I had a heck of a time selling mine and in the end it brought $3250. If I were doing the swap I would use a 5 ton plate and ramps.

citizensoldier

I am interested in the bows, uprights and corners.. Do you have the front storage rack on yours? Now if I could just find a good 3 color camo cargo cover..
This sounds like a good idea ! I have been kicking this idea around myself. Keep us posted on progress if you decide to do it.. I agree with Kenny on the 5 ton plate and ramps..

CanadaDeuce

oifvet

Pls keep us up to date, Ive actually thought of this myself wont be the first deuce but who knows maybe the second one ! LOL

OH OH ........... already talking about more green , I can see where this is going :lol:
you guys should really remind newbies of this OD infection.

I agree Id find the 5 ton 5th wheel stuff and ramps and with a bit of luck the spare tire carrier , rack and stuff off a M818, would be interestiong to see, Id look back at the blue Deuce a while back Quay something, it was alot like what you want, his was Navy I believe.

CanadaDeuce

oifvet

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'm about to say, [thumbzup] to this idea if you all keep fanning the flames!

That dag-gone Miltrucks deuce-tractor! It was just love!! I hate it!

My project-therapist, a.k.a. "Ron" at Military Vehicle Repair and Restoration, Inc. in Albion, IN, probably thinks I'm the biggest PITA to roll into the lot. He's a great man! He does beautiful work!

http://www.mv-restoration.com/default.html

Anyway, he's up for the project. I'm quoting him when I say, "Piece of cake!" That's what really got me moving on this idea.

Thanks for the encouragment. I'm there!

oifvet

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Done.

Oh, and citizensoldier?? That's all I need right now! Brutal!! (That one isn't Miltruck's, is it?) I know one is Kenny's old M275.

Man! The deuce makes a sweet looking tractor!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks