• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Crappy Day in a HMMWV

Hm2klie

Looks like that was a open sewer.......glad I am not the one cleaning that beast :popcorn:

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Eeewwwwww! There's gotta be a pile of it inside the frame rail area and the engine compartment as well. Gotta have taken all day to hose it off. Makes it even worse when I'd prefer wearing a MOPP suit to do that job, and its 110 degrees in the shade in Iraq....

saddamsnightmare

April 13th, 2008.

Re: The above video:
UGH!!!!! Bet that HMMWV driver won't hear the end of that wrong turn he took anytime soon (if ever)...... Cleaning the underframe, sides and engine compartment would have to be beyond disgusting! And as you say, in that heat it's gonna be nastier yet as it ferments on the way back to base..... AND THIRTY YEARS FROM NOW- in some VFW or American Legion Post that story's gonna be told (with video yet), so the guy's marked for life. At least there but for the grace of God goes .........

With Great Regards,

Sincerely,

Kyle F. McGrogan

1971 Kaiser Jeep M35A2 Wo/W "Saddam's Nightmare" Desert Storm and Vietnam Veteran Deuce 686A Tan :driver:
""??"" M105A2 Johnson Mfg.Co. 1-1/2 Ton Trailer in MERDC or NATO 4 color Woodland, Ok.Army NG. rofl :beer:
1967 MEP20A Hercules Gasoline Generator Set --- OD Green
1963 Swiss Army Cargo Unimog S404.114 Mercedes Benz NATO Green. :cookoo:

Alredneck

Banned
Been there done that its not fun. Sometimes all the dust covers up the areas that they look dry like the rest of the road then youre sunk in the nasty stuff. and by the way last i remember wasnt to many wash racks on FOBs when i was there last ( 2006 ) so prob have to go drive it through the creek or get the fire dept to hose er down.

ARMYMAN30YearsPlus

In Memorial
In Memorial
RE: Re: RE: Crappy Day in a HMMWV

I saw lots of those open sewers in Iraq and a few in Afghanistan too. The smell is enough to make you turn away. They run into drains that are usually packed tight with garbage so the stuff just sits there ferments and attracts millions of flys. I thought it was always gross watching the hungry kid videos where a fly is landing on the childs face but my first trip to Iraq the flys were so attracted to anything moist that you tollerated them landing on your sweaty arm as long as they stayed out of your eyes and mouth. Forget about going to the latrine those moist places were fly heaven. If you wanted to go in any form of peace you took a newpaper and killed flys for five minutes before doing your duty.

I would not doubt that this was a result of a Soldier saying, " watch me drive thought this sh*t"

Melvinitis

RE: Re: RE: Crappy Day in a HMMWV

Oh man... that does suck... how do you find an IED in that kind of stuff. See all that trash the ran out in front of it, that is exsactly the kind of stuff the IEDs are hidden in.

jumpmasterjim

Back in 05 we got 4 stuck past the frames in one yard. it turns out the canals were leaking under the ground and formed a 1 foot thick dry layer. 12,000 lb up armored HMMVs were ok until they broke the wheels free. Then they sank quick. I got stuck trying to pull 2 others out. We ended up with a HEMMIT wrecker coming out to get us out then he got stuck a little later.

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks