• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Steel Soldiers and Desert Rat visit Howard's

steelsoldiers

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Howard is recovering. He was supposed to come home from the hospital on Saturday, but I'm not sure if he did. The guy hanging out at the yard said his memory was pretty poor, but his body functions were good.

The Goat and all the parts we snagged off of other Goats for it were $1000. Go get you one Kenny!

Desert Rat

Armada,
I got a few, but not many. Sorry. I'll be making another trip there in July.

Kenny,
If you make it up here by the second week in July I'll help you like I helped Chris. There may be fewer heater kits and so on, but I'll put in double time. I know where there's another set of transmission mounts and another transfer case. Gotta plan soon!

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Oh heck no! As cool as the M561s are, I need to get the M756A2 done before anything else. Right now is Hurricane season so I'm doing genset work right now. Got one of the 10KWs done yesterday. Had to order fuel pumps for the 3KW gensets. I also just bought a 1200 watt 2 stroke from Pepboys for a whopping tax free $149.00. Its efficient, quiet and at that price, throw away. It has fridge duty in the event of a power squeeze. Think I'm crazy for having 2 each 3KWs and 2 each 10KWs?

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thats funny! I do have 3 of the 10KWs an 5 of the little 3KWs. I'm afraid that the best I can do is to get 2 of each running. I know one of the 3KWs makes juice but the fuel pump went away. The second one also has fuel pump problems but I've never had it up and running to check the generating system. The others are parts. I have one 10KW for parts. The other 2 are running but one needs a regulator. I have another regulator to try hopefully soon.

cranetruck

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Brent and Chris, is there one more Goat left at Howard's and if so, what condition is it in? Would the same deal apply with spare parts and all?
Thanks,

Desert Rat

Bjorn,
There are a bunch of Goats. Same deal applies, on wheels on trailer for $1K. Are you looking to restore two?

steelsoldiers

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Hmmm... wanting one just for you now Bjorn? Do tell... What is it, you don't like the color of the one I picked out? Bwahahahaha...

Seriously though, my Dad and I went to the shop today to move all loose parts indoors so nothing gets "lost." Things get lost outside there all the time. With the price of aluminum so high, we didn't want to risk it. Now there is only dirt, plants, leaves, mud, and ants in the Goat hull. Nice. After removing all that crap I did discover the tractor's bilge pump is still in place. I will probably have to rehab it before it will suck though. I'll try and sneak up there and get some more pics later this week. It poured the rain again tonight so it got another bath. It needed it! Oh, and one tire is flat already. I did see new tires available through Coker, special order, and used 90% tires and wheels on that one site.

Desert Rat

Chris,
You mean your plant on the passenger side survived the trip?!?!? Man, that's one tough briar vine!

cranetruck

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Chris, about a second goat, you know I like to experiment with these toys, on a low cost level anyway and since we are getting the present one for restoration, I'm playing with the idea of having (almost a once in a lifetime chance) a second one for mods a la cranetruck.
We even have a "fording pond" for playing in the water. So, please, stop crying now. :)

Desert Rat

Bjorn,
You'll need to let me know when you want to get the second one real soon! I'm headed back to Texas on the 24th. I'll be back here about the 12th or early on the 13th of July until about the 16th or 17th. Let me know how I can help!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks