• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

GL reselling trucks

FMJ

In Memorial
In Memorial
DDoyle said:
FMJ said:
emmado22 said:
Im on your side, but the point is there really isnt anyone to complain to thats gonna fix the problem. Someone go head, fill out the FWA form. Let us know how far it gets..

So vote with your dollars! Hit them where it hurts... Or dont, and stop compliaining and deal with it.
I'm sure all the big surplus dealers would love that, less competition. And this is pure speculation on my part, but I'll bet the bigtime dealers in MV's who buy from GL don't have to wait for their SF97's.......
Robyn, tell me I'm wrong.......
I can say that my friends at Memphis Equipment stopped buying from GL for many many months due to the SF97 debacle. This may have changed since.

I know that is not the information that the conspiracy theorists wanted to hear......
Actually David, I'm just curious how GL can claim that SF97 requests are processed in the order received, yet I sent in 6 at the beginiing of February 08, and 2 more the middle of March 08, and all 8 came back at the same time......2 days ago.

Guess I'll just have another glass of Koolaid.....it seems to help.

EdMontana

FMJ said:
DDoyle said:
FMJ said:
emmado22 said:
Actually David, I'm just curious how GL can claim that SF97 requests are processed in the order received, yet I sent in 6 at the beginiing of February 08, and 2 more the middle of March 08, and all 8 came back at the same time......2 days ago.

Guess I'll just have another glass of Koolaid.....it seems to help.
Luck you got it back!!, I sent 2 SF97 requests before you on 01/22/08 and two on 03/06/08 and nothing come back yet...go figure it out, maybe they handle a pile of requests for each GL individual and some are slower than others?

EdMontana

USMilitarySurplus said:
m16ty said:
I wasn't going to say this and I'm not saying this is what GL is doing (emmado, feel free to delete this if deemed inappropriate) but. Could it be possable that GL is running the bids up to make more money and end up bumping some trucks one too many times and end up having to resell them.
We are not running up the bids. We've been audited several times, for heaven's sake. In fact, you'll notice that the final winning bid amount the second or third time an item is sold is rarely the same as the original amount it sold for. That's because bidders typically see an item is reposted and assume that the original winner found something wrong with it. So it's better for our business if the sale of an item is completed the first time.

As many of you have pointed out, if an item doesn't sell, it's reposted to the website. Off the top of my head, I would say the majority of those reposts are a result of the winning bidder defaulting on the item. There are various reasons that might occur - some of those reasons are legit and some are not - even though it says right above the bidding box that the bid is a contract.

Robyn, I think you should be able to answer this question at least.......

When an auction is over, we have a winning bidder and for what I understand is like a contract and he must honor his bid. I see two ways of getting out of the deal

1- EUC is not approved

Question - What GL will do it bidder? any fee is applied?

2- Bidder change his mind and will not pay

Question - Everyone that have an account with GL must have a CC on file and for what I understand is a penalty of 20% if one back out of a hi bid (contract), so a guy that bid $3K are actually paying $600 to get out? Are this people really paying?

Ed

area52

Ed,

On that second question, I can answer yes. I did this once when my green iron disease got the better of me and I bid on and won two trucks in HAWAII!! Needless to say, I could not get them shipped over here in a cost effective manner so I defaulted on the payment and payed the %20 penalty.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks