• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

How to count to 14...

Kwai

My EUC cleared on the 15th and I tried to contact the onsite GL twice on the 16th to schedule a pickup and left a message. No return call. Called again yesterday and left another message and was contacted today only to find that loadouts where my item is located are for Wed only. I already have business committments for next week and week after. The GL rep emphasized that it must be picked up in 14 days.

When does the 14 days start and how is it counted: calendar days, business days (mon-Fri), days the site is available for pickup or what?

FMJ

In Memorial
In Memorial
Kwai said:
My EUC cleared on the 15th and I tried to contact the onsite GL twice on the 16th to schedule a pickup and left a message. No return call. Called again yesterday and left another message and was contacted today only to find that loadouts where my item is located are for Wed only. I already have business committments for next week and week after. The GL rep emphasized that it must be picked up in 14 days.

When does the 14 days start and how is it counted: calendar days, business days (mon-Fri), days the site is available for pickup or what?
It starts from the day you get your invoice. Steve you need to get the corporate office involved asap. Explain your issue, and ask why you are limited to one day a week to pickup, I've heard of Tuesday through Thursday, but never just one day a week. Good Luck!

P.S. come get your stuff! ;)

Michael

RE: Re: How to count to 14...

Smyrna, Tn is every other Friday from 10 to 1. They don't seem to be as strict on the 14 day thing though. I think it is calender days from when you are invoiced. It should say on their site.

alphadeltaromeo

RE: Re: How to count to 14...

I've not had one pickup where I kept it to the 14 days. I simply explained the situation and they were flexible. I'd be really surprised if they weren't a little flex. Perhaps I've been fortunate though. Best of luck!

JohnnyReb

Don't want to give you a false sense of security.... However, Lejeune also has the one day pickup.. and 48 hours advanced notice. I missed the 1st date because of less than 48 hours..... my guy couldn't make the next date so it was almost 21 days.

When I called to explain and schedule, GL was like "whatever....what date do you want to pickup?" Point is it was no big deal as long as they had a date.

Kwai

I would have picked up this week but I never could reach anyone to schedule an appointment. Now I have business to attend to and business does come first. This is just a hobby...

Kind of hoping for a reply from GL rep ...

jd-ford-hd

If you are picking up in Smryna, TN., DO NOT just show up cuz you will be the only one there!! The trucks are in a chain link fence and no one on that base has a key.
The GL guys come from Fort Campbell about 60 miles away by appointment only.

hndrsonj

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Corpus I saw a trailer sit 9 months before pickup. It all depends on the site and how much spare room they have. Just get ahold of the site GL rep explain your situation and when you want pickup. I am betting they will help with whatever you need.

Michael

I think I would make an appt to pick it up the first day both of you can be there. I wouldn't involve higher ups unless the local guy refuses. You will usually get an email at the end of the 14 days with a threat of the default fee if you don't get it in 7 more days. Besides, if they only do business there one day a week it has only been 3 business days. :)

It is hard to say what will work best with GL. They will generally try to do business in a some what agreeable way, but as is often stated here, they can get indifferent without provocation and hit you with a 25% default fee when it was their fault the item didn't get picked up.

Crash_AF

Michael said:
I think I would make an appt to pick it up the first day both of you can be there. I wouldn't involve higher ups unless the local guy refuses.
Kwai said:
Called again yesterday and left another message and was contacted today only to find that loadouts where my item is located are for Wed only. I already have business committments for next week and week after. The GL rep emphasized that it must be picked up in 14 days.
It sounds like the local guy won't work with him at all, which is why I suggested going up the food chain.

Later,
Joe

ARMYMAN30YearsPlus

In Memorial
In Memorial
I find that communication is the key, get the cell phone number of the GL guy that runs the yard and issues the vehicles to you. Call him or her and make it friendly. They have bent over backward for me and many of my pick ups were way over 14 days they were glad that I could adjust to their schedule just as I was glad they could fit into mine. This has worked at many GL sites for me. The best by far have Army or USAR or National Guard Soldiers involved in the pick up process and they are the best.

jim-m35a2

I think Joe from the Indy lot said he had 5 lots he was in charge of. If it is true, it would be hard for him to be at the same lot more then once per week, concidering they are several miles apart. I did not have any problems getting ahold of him. He even gave me his cell number. He is a nice guy to work with.

Jim
________
Wellbutrin settlement news

Last edited:

KaiserM109

My experience with the folks at Ft. Riley, KS was all good. Same twice over with the folks at Ft. Carson, CO. Ft. Carson has pickup Mon - Thur because they are busy on Fri and can't help. By prior arrangement I have picked up stuff on Fri. if I didn't need help like hooking up to an M105.

I have an ongoing situation right now at Hill AFB, Utah and the site folks are cooperating. I won the bid on a trailer and have to drive 450 mi. each way, so I decided to look at other items I could bid on to make it worth my while. I won the bid on 3 oscilloscopes which, even though they are completely civilian, require an EUC.

The EUC for the trailer sailed through but on the second one they (Arizona) decided they didn’t like the proof of residence that I had submitted on 4 previous EUCs. That cost 10 days to fix. Today, April 30, I still don’t have the EUC for the scopes. The original deadline for the trailer was April 29, but calling the site and explaining the situation worked. They have given me until May 15 to get the trailer.

The same thing happened to me once before when I tried to coordinate the pickup of 2 different sets of trailers. I was standing in the GL office in Ft. Carson when Arizona faxed in the invoice that they had told me the day before was already there.

I think that since the folks in Arizona don’t have to deal with customers face-to-face they get a bit bureaucratic, to put it in printable terms. The face-to-face folks are real good.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks