• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

10 Ton M125 Repaint

Dirt71

Taking the 10 ton down a little bit to get ready to sand blast and paint. This little quik paint job really snowballed on me. the more parts I took off to get a nice job resulted in taking off more parts!!I think I'm just about done, accept the rear wiring harness, steering box, steering colum, six more tires, and the brake chambers. More pic's as it goes back together. Also its nice to have help like my little cuban friend from work , Makiel Zamora, he helped with the cab removal.

Attachments

rizzo

steelsoldiers said:
Great job. It looked pretty good before you started so I can only imagine how fantastic it'll be when you get done. It sure is nice to have a BIG shop and helpful friends when tackling a project of that size!
x2

Dirt71

I haven't done much in the last couple of months, my younger brother passed away at the age of 38 in April, so I haven't been to much in the mood, but I'm slowly getting back to the grind. I had my boss build a spreader bar and today I made the big lift. I'm just about ready to start sandblasting and painting. I would like to have it done by the time the meet you guy's have in South Florida.
By the way I would like to dedicate the rebuild of this truck to my brother Steve "ArnHed"Jones, he was a good man, but his life was cut short by a horrible desease. he was an Ironworker by trade. And when he was in town he helped turn wrenches with me on the this truck. He will be greatly missed.

Attachments

DanMartin

Please accept my sincerest condolences regarding the death of your brother. 38 is far too young.

This is a great build, and you are saving a great old truck! I think that dedicating this build to your brother is a great way to preserve his memory, especially if you intend to show the truck.

I can't way to see it finished. Man, that is a big motor/transmission. Any idea how much it weighs as a unit?

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Very sorry to hear of your brother's passing.

OSO

Good to hear from you. Sorry for your loss . I'm glad you posted pics of Stephen ,we now know who this rebuild is for . With your other rebuild we all know how GOOD this will turn out . Sorry for your loss, again . Oso

ARMYMAN30YearsPlus

In Memorial
In Memorial
Sorry about the loss of your brother, I lost my sister in 2006 too young also. I agree restoring it in his name is an awesome way to show respect. I would even go so far as to use one of his pictures as nose art. I too wait anxiously for the way you will dress this up.

Is that another 10 ton in the wings or a 5 ton bridge truck?

steelsoldiers

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Our thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

Keep up the good work on the M125. I can't believe you found another one. The only thing better than one 10-ton is two!

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Man, so sorry about your loss. All to often we lose loved ones way before we think it's time. Dedicating this truck to his ever present memory is a tribute worth it's effort.

WillWagner

The Person You Were Warned About As A Child
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Cummins, V8-300, naturally asperated, 785 CID, 5 1/2 X 4 1/8 bore.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks