• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

10 Ton M125 Repaint

Dirt71

Primed and Painted - I went with the marine corp. 24052, some of you may disagree, but I was tired of screwing around with this 24087 color, just to many different shades. The version of it I got from Rapco was to brown for me. Jeff with Tactical Truck hooked me up with Randolph products, But it is really 24084 which doesn't fit when my truck was built.

Attachments

TacticalTruck

Dirt71 said:
Primed and Painted - I went with the marine corp. 24052, some of you may disagree, but I was tired of screwing around with this 24087 color, just to many different shades. The version of it I got from Rapco was to brown for me. Jeff with Tactical Truck hooked me up with Randolph products, But it is really 24084 which doesn't fit when my truck was built.

huh? 24084 of today is 24087 back then, the paint numbers were just changed in the 1970's. i am confused about your logic. you decided to paint it usmc because the correct color does not have the same paint number it had back in the day? not that i would tell anyone what color to paint their truck, just curious.
jeff

Dirt71

Hey Jeff, I didn't think anything I did had any logic to it. I guess what I mean't to say was I was confused because there was so many different opinions about the correct 24087/24084. I was told by one that the 24084 came later in the 60's. Then I'm told by one that the 24087 that Rapco sell's is the correct color for my truck because of the year 1957, but I just can't paint my truck BABY POO BROWN!!! So, as far as opinion's go that's mine. T quote Chuck Norris, Opinion's are like #@%holes everybody's got one.
So there's my logic, logical or not it's the reason I went with the 24052, also I had about 8 gallans of it laying around doing nothing. As you can see I got a lot of painting to do. I got everything for the frame on pallets ready to go.

Attachments

TacticalTruck

Dirt71 said:
I'm told by one that the 24087 that Rapco sell's is the correct color for my truck because of the year 1957, but I just can't paint my truck BABY POO BROWN!!! So, as far as opinion's go that's mine. T quote Chuck Norris, Opinion's are like #@%holes everybody's got one.
...and they all stink! Sorry, I re-read what I wrote. I did not mean to sound like a big 'ole Chuck Norris, if you get my drift. I was just suprised by your change in paint color. I know it'll be flawless.
Jeff

pa.rich

That will be far better than new. I would love to do a truck that way. No time, notime. And that shop and equipment, yikes, thats great. As you can see in my avatar on the left, my big stuff wont fit. When I built it I had no idea I would catch the "Green disease". :shock:

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
That is a sweet operation and from the looks of things will be better than when it rolled off the line new. Keep up the good work. Pick what ever color you are happy with its your truck!
(well, not yeller or pink or anything like that)

Dirt71

I know some of you have been wondering what I've been doing, But between recovering the M123 tractor and M15A1 trailer from Alabama, in Januaryand work related stuff, I just today got back on the M125 took the engine and trans, out back and degreased, pressure washed, sand blasted and got it in primer. I made metal plates for all the openings and siliconed them down to protect enternal parts.

Attachments

Wolf.Dose

Hey, DIRT 71,
thats the right way, to only way to restore a truck! Due to your pics it is clear to me that you want your truck in a absolutely reliabely condition. That's the way I maintain my vehicles.
What so ever someone might state, continue your way.
Discussions about color: Ignor it. If the color is correct to the age of the truck, use it as you like if you are not tight to the VIN and the related registration and unit. Make it YOUR baby as reliable as possible.
Continue your job your way!
By the way, whats your job in Germany?
Wolf from Germany

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks