• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Some of my collection

CharlesKing

Thanks Chev. The basis of my models are from cheap model kits than I do my scratchbuilding and heavy modification. The models I had built were or not available in kit form. Most of the truck models are Italeri kits that I modify myself. Glad you like them.

Attachments

GoHot229

Hi all. Glad you decided to make a forum for modellers. Thanks for doing that. Here are some of my builds..Some of you might have seen them some might not. So here they are:

M1134 ATGM
M1129 Mortar
LAV III
ANTPS 5 (prototype build)
It goes without saying, these exampels are increadable in detail and choice of subject matter. They are far beyond my skill levels and I can apreciate the attention and tediousness of the modelers task. These exampels are in a league of their own ! Feel free to share more subject matter with us....please, its rather addicting !

Last edited:

timntrucks

Steel Soldiers Supporter
you are a master. i bought one duece from WW2 model and never openned the box. i put it with some old ship models that are not put together. i might have to make some time to see about doing some work . but im sure it took you many years of practice to be able to make them real looking like the ones in the pics. super glad you shared them with us :-D

Jones

Did a little RR related kit-bashing once upon a time and from one who even made his own scale barbed wire I have to say your attention to detail is museum-grade.

I think the personal crew touches, weathering, and 'clutter' make your work far more interesting than the sterile, just-rolled-off-the-assembly line stuff.

Yours is the world a soldier sees.

Last edited:

CharlesKing

Thanks for the kind comments gentlemen. I've been building since 2003. Not long but I tend to be observant. :)

Last edited:

CharlesKing

This is the small vignette I did for the article about making cheap pine trees. Since it's been a while since I was modeling I decided to look back on some older projects. I have moved in with my girlfriend until we find a bigger place together. Space is of an issue, so there will be no major modeling this year until we find a bigger place. In the mean time I was thinking of practicing on my figure model which everyone knows I suck. :)
So hopefully I can at least start on doing some figure for this little vignette for the time being. So enjoy the pics:

Attachments

CharlesKing

Hi again. I thought since I'm in a nostalgic mood I'll share another model that had been built 6 years ago. This was my first all time 100% scratch building model. It is 1/20 scale( not 100% exact but close to it).
There are many mistakes on this model but at the time I was just experimenting with it. Anyway, here it is - The CIWS, I think most of you are familiar with the original concept of this armory.
I had used many household materials to build this model. Everything from old deorderant spray caps to staples etc...
-----------

Attachments

Wolf.Dose

Hey, CharlesKing,
I like your stile. It is not like most of the actual magazine models preshaded, not overaged, not rusty even at prototyps, no cract paint where there is no paint to crac, just the way I like it and I build my models since I do not know how long. These three Jimmy pics are from a time befor the electronic cameras and scanned. Maybe one day I find the time to take some electronic pics of my 130+ model in 1:35 (all MV)

Attachments

B3.3T

Indeed, the work of an artist. I must coin a new term to describe it. "Ferociously Awesome!!"

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks