• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Price for a GOAT

rchalmers3

Half a mile from the Broad River
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Sig229,

I do not have an answer to your question but I do admire your style. You did a search and posted on an old thread that was relevant.

The 100 post rule is something that some people bitch about and others surmount.

Welcome to the site and I look forward to your posts.

Rick

Sig229

If I decide to sell on Ebay the point of my original post is what do I ask for it? That is the answer that eludes me is it one of those don't ask don't tell topics.

natem

Sig229,

Relax, search and read. Learn your way around the site 100 posts will ad up sooner than you think.
Tell a little about your collection (with photos), a little history,perhaps how you found them. Just don't try to sell them in the forum.

Nate

Sig229

Nice to know that this site has thinkers.

Sig229,

Relax, search and read. Learn your way around the site 100 posts will ad up sooner than you think.
Tell a little about your collection (with photos), a little history,perhaps how you found them. Just don't try to sell them in the forum.

Nate
Thanks for the positive info Nate.

I own

2xCUCV m1009
2xM247 mule Aluminum and one in magnesium
1xM35A2 Deuce
1x Desert Patrol Vehicle (DPV), formerly called the Fast Attack Vehicle (FAV)
1 1/2x Gama Goat
I just had to sell my uncut regret having to do so M151A2.

hope you can understand why I get frustrated when the "higher ups" think the have the situation all figured out.

rchalmers3

Half a mile from the Broad River
Steel Soldiers Supporter
...... hope you can understand why I get frustrated when the "higher ups" think the have the situation all figured out.
Sig, we understand your frustration. The mods don't think they have it figured out. What is happening is that there is a wave of newbs signing up on SS to sell stuff and the mods are trying to figure out how to slow the bombardment..... sometimes causing collateral damage with seasoned vets like yourself.

Stay with it and you will be at 100 posts in a week. We appreciate and welcome your knowledge and tenacity.

Rick

natem

Just trying to keep a good spin on things, ya know us thinkers we see a dark cloud with every silver lining. This is a great site and I just don't want to see it #^%#& up.

Sig229

Sig, we understand your frustration. The mods don't think they have it figured out. What is happening is that there is a wave of newbs signing up on SS to sell stuff and the mods are trying to figure out how to slow the bombardment..... sometimes causing collateral damage with seasoned vets like yourself.

Stay with it and you will be at 100 posts in a week. We appreciate and welcome your knowledge and tenacity.

Rick
Rick,
A suggestion on what they could do is charge to post a classified if you don't have 100 posts that will help the cause and scurry off the undesirables. That could be a win win for everybody.

Last edited:

Derrickl112

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Rick,
A suggestion on what they could do is charge to post a classified if you don't have 100 posts that will help the cause and scurry off the undesirables. That could be a win win for everybody.

The already to that. :wink:

Classified Ads: These free ads are for the benefit of our membership. To encourage forum participation, and discourage people from joining just to post a free ad, a minimum of 100 posts will be required before a user can place an ad. They are subject to final approval by SS.com staff. Do not post commercial advertising. Commercial advertising is a pay-per-ad service. Please email the webmaster if you would like to post a commercial/vendor ad. Please keep all free classified ads military vehicle related. Do NOT post more than 10 ads at any one time. Users with more than 10 ads will have their oldest ads deleted. Members who consistently abuse the system by posting more than 10 ads will have the classified ad privileges revoked.

Sig229

Classified ads

The already to that. :wink:

Classified Ads: These free ads are for the benefit of our membership. To encourage forum participation, and discourage people from joining just to post a free ad, a minimum of 100 posts will be required before a user can place an ad. They are subject to final approval by SS.com staff. Do not post commercial advertising. Commercial advertising is a pay-per-ad service. Please email the webmaster if you would like to post a commercial/vendor ad. Please keep all free classified ads military vehicle related. Do NOT post more than 10 ads at any one time. Users with more than 10 ads will have their oldest ads deleted. Members who consistently abuse the system by posting more than 10 ads will have the classified ad privileges revoked.
Derrickl112 Thank you for taking the time and explaining the rules in more detail. I don't plan on Starting a DRMO on SS. ;-)
I do plan on staying up to date with current topics and learning from folks like you who take the time and enjoy sharing their knowledge and not assuming the negative. I just want to add I am not mad or feel that I was intentionally treated as a potential abuser/manipulator of a site, that I feel has members that I can relate with and share useful information on military vehicles. Thanks again.

3dAngus

Sig229, it's a legitimate question, IMO. I think Doghead has a goat and he could tell you more. Prices, according to my research is $6k-12K. You would be crazy NOT to clean and paint where the minimum investment would get maximum return. If yours runs fine and only needs paint, you could fetch close to the $10K area provided all metal is intact. S o much depends on condition. Difficult to say. Paint it, for sure. It would be the best money you ever spent. They are in big demand as small quantites are available. They seem to sell without problems. Does it swim? That's huge! I've seen fully restored items asking price $12K to $15K. No telling what the final price is. Good luck.

Sig229

great news

Sig229, it's a legitimate question, IMO. I think Doghead has a goat and he could tell you more. Prices, according to my research is $6k-12K. You would be crazy NOT to clean and paint where the minimum investment would get maximum return. If yours runs fine and only needs paint, you could fetch close to the $10K area provided all metal is intact. S o much depends on condition. Difficult to say. Paint it, for sure. It would be the best money you ever spent. They are in big demand as small quantites are available. They seem to sell without problems. Does it swim? That's huge! I've seen fully restored items asking price $12K to $15K. No telling what the final price is. Good luck.
Thank you for answering my question I am jumping up and down rite now.:jumpin::jumpin: I will give it a one over and make it look clean. I will also contact Doghead to find out how to test it buoyancy without paying a visit to Davie Jones;)
Thanks again 3dAngus.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks