• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Oil / Gas mix to fuel deuce

TommyG45

Hey all,

I have read plenty of posts where individuals are mixing gas and used motor oil. Has anyone ever used Synthetic oil in the mixture? My Deuce just arrived last night, and I have been collecting used motor oil, but I have no idea if any of it is Synthetic oil.

Does it matter?

I will be cleaning the oil with the centrifuge from diesel craft.... I though I would ask the question as it came up today at work.

Any suggestions?

TommyG

Pics of the new Deuce attached

Attachments

emr

It can not make a difference, and if U are ever in need mix the oil in use, they are compatable, it was not true in the past about it not being able to be mixed in the engine.and as in any case, ANY oil is better than NO oil.But as for burning it , its fine...Randy

Alredneck

Banned
Ah my last addition to the tank a about 5 gallons of synthetic from my other truck ( some i had saved plus a new change ) doesnt seem to hurt it. Theres a slight bit of blue smoke from the exhaust goin down the road and you can smell the oil a bit but it beats paying $4.30 a gallon for straight #2. I just mix mine a lil here and a lil there 50/50 gas/umo no probs it looks funny in the lines and make sure you got filters on hand just in case. I was worried at first about the oil seperating in the tank but it doesnt seem to be a issue. Now I just add it and go. Good luck, Captain

builder77

In Memorial
In Memorial
Synthetic oil is the same as regular oil. The only difference being that synthetic oil is more refined to be of similar desired oil molecules. It all burns the same. The real synthetic oil that was made for jet engines and such is not very common these days. The government dilluted the name to include just more refined oil years back. Anyways I never heard of any problems burning the real synthetic oil either.

wiggall

I am getting a 1968 Kaiser-Jeep with the mulitfuel engine. Has anyont tried the ( Diesel Secret Energy- Alternative Biofuel ) system? If so I would like to know how it worked.

offroaddiesel

dont mean to sound negitive, maybe iam a little nervous,but i have to ask. just how are you filtering umo. i have been reading alot on people using it and right now the cons out weight the pros.i have many gallons here but still not convinced its the right thing.so please enlighted me,diesel fuel is over 5 a gallon here.for the people using umo, how long have you been using it .and what ratio. a 50/50 seems a little high to me. thanks steve

Joseph,

do the speaker magnets actually pick something up in the tank? Would be interesting to know if they can attract very small ferrous objects in the oil. The larger ones are filtered out anyhow.
Another thing that makes me think is what if you dilute the wmo / umo with diesel or gas before letting it sit for a while or filtering it - wouldn't the crap settle more easily or the filtering process be faster because of the lower viscosity?

Mark

devilman96

Filter filter and then filter again... I run 80/20 synthetic (80 is oil).... Get a bypass filter assy from napa and pump it through at a low PSI... This will get you down to about 5M... I do this 2X once pumping into my collection tank and then while pumping out into my trucks...

Oil sampling on your engine oil will tell you if your causing yourself problems or not...

Westech

CPL
hey you guys know what JP8 is? Its Diesel and the used motor oil from the army's motor pool all mixed together. Thats why you have filters, and any parts of junk that would be large enough to take out a injector or do some harm has already killed the engine it came from. So if its running and you take the oil out and add it to whatever you want to put in the tank your prob going to be ok. I have been running anything I can get my hands on in my Deuce for years and year now and the only problem I have had is I have to change the fuel filters once a year. RUN IT!!!!!

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
What a great service we are doing using this UMO for fuel. I just think that if it weren't for us, the recyclers would have so much more to do.

chuck500cc

Find a Grainger Supply and they have hyraulic filter that go down to 3 microns. They come with the filter mount. I use two in linw with each other and that should do it. Just whipped up a big batch today.

Chuck XD Fan

Manstein

Chaplain Emeritus
I have worked for a chevy dealer for 25 years. I had a lot of customers who had 6.2 diesels who used to blend some waste oil. I seem to remember about 10% waste oil working ok. I would use much more than that with a CUCV.

FreightTrain

Banned
Flat out about Diesel Secrets....It is a flat out FRAUD!Chemically and Scientificly it is impossible to make real Bio-diesel with their kit.Basically,all your buying is a bottle of Chemicals that can distroy a fuel system and mix it with Used Vegi.It does absolutly nothing except make a con-man rich.

Jakob

I just ran out a whole tank of 20gal wmo/30gal diesel. From Louisville, KY to St Louis, MO I averaged about 8.5 mpg in a bone stock LD-465 M35A2.

55Cameo

I've just set up a system where I mix 75% WMO with 25% gasoline, let it settle overnight, and pump it into the tank through a 5 micron filter. I ran the Deuce last Sat. with this in the tank. Dirtyfingernails was following me in his Deuce and he said that he didn't want to run behind me any more. It was smoking quite a bit and he didn't like sucking up the fumes. I think that I am going to try and mix it with #2 next time in less of concentration of WMO and see how that works. Maybe 50/50.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks