• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Dave's New Unimog 404

davidkroberts

New Unimog that ive been promised for when i return from iraq next month so i guess im going to have a trip here shortly.

The guy has three more for sale at 5500.00 a piece. each were nato war reserve units that arrived in a crate a few years ago and now have approx 2500 KM ( 1500 miles) each and each unit is a standard 404-114 unit set up as a troop carrier. Their sales designation is U82, with a 2900mm wheel base and a M180 gas engine. The transmissions are U1/11-1493 units. They all have good canvas and are stock except for the silly looking steps in the back that will soon be history.

If anyone else wants one the guys contact info is on the unimog.net exchange and his name is Bob. Or you can email him at outfitters@flatcreeklodge.com. He seems like a pretty good guy. Hes located southeast of Atlanta maybe two hours out.

Thanks to all who posted when i was researching these trucks. It was a big help.

Attachments

Mike_Pop

RE: Dave

Nice looking truck. You will want to make sure that the axle seals don't start leaking when you use it. It's common for the seals to leak because these trucks may have sat on a base for a while. Lack of use is the worst thing for a Unimog or any large truck.

Good luck with your purchase! $5500 is a good price!

Jones

Glad you found one you liked; it appears to be an ex-Swiss Army vehicle from the style of the top canvas. This sounds/looks like a far better deal than the one you described for $8,500.00.
Get rid of the ADA boarding attachment in the back... please.

davidkroberts

thanks,

yeah the step and dog boxes are going to be disappearing very soon after i get it, The truck was used at a pheasant quail preserve as a way to ferry customers around. The guy said they pulled the trucks out of the crate and assembled them themselves and they were stored under cover when not used so they are in impecable shape. They've never been used on the road. I couldnt believe my luck finding them.

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor

Cool!

Alredneck

Banned

Good loolkn mog david, where about in TN are you, I will be goin back to the Memphis area after they give me my retirement date in a couple of weeks. Are you reg Army or NG ?

davidkroberts

Im in Dyersburg which is about 60 miles north of Memphis. Im a Marine actually but i work here now as a DOD contractor. Might go back to the Marine Corps soon Im missing it a bit.

Alredneck

Banned

OOOOOhhhhhhh, sweet good deal man im on the 20 mile marker off I40, might have to give you a buzz see if you wanna take that MOG wheelin with my deuce, theres a couple others guys on here not to far away to. Good luck over there, spent 2 yrs in that hell hole thats why they are retiring me early, im not happy about it either!

kroctec

Hi there Dave,

Welcome to the Mog world and hoping your Mog gives you lots of pleasure and not too much pain. Hope we are going to see you on the Mog mailing list from time to time - great bunch of guys there and plenty of Mog knowledge to. Be safe over there in Iraq and safe journey home.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks