• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Registration in California

Linda

Hi, you haven't heard from me in a long time. My Deuce N' Half is now a registered vehicle in the state of California (surprise no problem). We are in the process of restoring it and having a great time. "Bruiser" is quite famous in our desert town. We go to lunch quite often and everyone is glad to see us. Also, we ride the desert trails in our area. Now a friend of ours has bought a deuce from Government Liquidation in Barstow (just like I did). When he went to register it he was informed the truck was not meant for highway travel and he could not register it. When he asked what he could do to bring it up to date (it is in good running condition, better than a lot of vehicles on the road today) he was informed there was nothing he could do, and on top of that DMV informed him they were putting a stop on the vehicle in other states if he was to try to register it out of California (great state we have). Is there any advice you can give us. I suppose since my truck was the first deuce our small desert town DMV had seen they were ignorant on the procedures (boy, am I happy about that!) on registration. Our friend seems to be on the black list of California DMV. Thank you for all the advice you have given me in the past. We are really enjoying our truck. Runs great. We are keeping a low profile when it comes to the DMV! Linda

FMJ

In Memorial
In Memorial
Linda said:
Hi, you haven't heard from me in a long time. My Deuce N' Half is now a registered vehicle in the state of California (surprise no problem). We are in the process of restoring it and having a great time. "Bruiser" is quite famous in our desert town. We go to lunch quite often and everyone is glad to see us. Also, we ride the desert trails in our area. Now a friend of ours has bought a deuce from Government Liquidation in Barstow (just like I did). When he went to register it he was informed the truck was not meant for highway travel and he could not register it. When he asked what he could do to bring it up to date (it is in good running condition, better than a lot of vehicles on the road today) he was informed there was nothing he could do, and on top of that DMV informed him they were putting a stop on the vehicle in other states if he was to try to register it out of California (great state we have). Is there any advice you can give us. I suppose since my truck was the first deuce our small desert town DMV had seen they were ignorant on the procedures (boy, am I happy about that!) on registration. Our friend seems to be on the black list of California DMV. Thank you for all the advice you have given me in the past. We are really enjoying our truck. Runs great. We are keeping a low profile when it comes to the DMV! Linda

Sounds as though he encountered a green weenie with an agenda........
Time to proceed up the food chain......

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks