• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Anyone interested in replacing their winch line and clevis?

DanMartin

OK,

I am replacing the winch cable and clevis end on my winch (standard Gar Wood M-44 series winch) with new stuff. Since it's just as easy to order 10 as it is to order 1, I would be happy to order a few extra units for other SS members who might be interested.

Here's what I'm getting:

250' of 1/2" EIPS IWRC wire rope (6x19) - $250.00 <- standard steel cable...not galvanized or stainless as this lessens strength.
1 Electroline PD-150-X clevis end fitting - $75.00 <- this is the same as the stock clevis end that comes with the winch, only new and galvanized.
1 Professional install of clevis end - $50.00 <- installed by a professional rigger at a large rigging shop in Portland, Or.
Total (minus ride) - $375.00

All of this is being ordered from a professional cable and rigging shop in Portland, Or that has been in business since 1933, and has done work on may of the bridges and buildings around the Portland area since then.

Weight would be something along the line of 130 lbs (approx) and would ship from 97124 ZIP code (Portland, Oregon).

Coast-to-coast ground on something like this (ship to Miami, FL from here in Oregon for example) would run something like $126.00 (this is the worst case I could think of for shipping UPS) assuming a 24x24x12 box (a guess). Of course closer to Portland would cost less to ship.

Note that this does not come with the chain and hook...this is just the cable and the clevis end fitting (installed).

If anyone is interested in getting new hardware for their winch, and does not want to fuss with getting the clevis end figured out, this may be a good deal for you. Please PM me before the end of June if you want to go in on this with me as I will be placing the order then.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks