• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

GL Web Site with problems at Auction time!

EdMontana

Well, I got to vent.....not that I expect any results or an answer from GL representative dedicated to this section......

First, the old problem still persists and I believe that is not a glitch but an intended act to not show the bidding ongoing price and the final bid.....for whatever reason it may be :roll:

You actually need to move the lot to your watch list in order to see the ongoing price but right after the auction ends no one will know how much it went for.

If you watch from the general pages, lot price show $0 and even after 5:00 that auction may still going but you will see it only if you click in the particular auction

Saw several lots that went at way higher prices few weeks ago and they were back for auction, I just wonder who are those guys that rather waste way over $2,500 in penalty fees instead just pay for what they have bid for, and I am talking about 6~8 lots....

Now the BIG improvement against bidders happen today, several hi-price A3's from OH, VA and PA were up for auction today and I don't know for what reason....... :roll: GL site bumped the auction time A FULL ONE HOUR on all A3 lots, now what I understand is, the rule says 15 minutes increments....BUT...first bids around 4:45 PM bumped the closing time direct to SIX PM......some lots till 6:43 PM with guys fighting for lots for almost 2 hours....the 15 minute rule just took place after they bumped One hour......

And that happen only with those hi-priced lots, I was watching some dump trucks in the same States and they were following the 15 minutes increment just fine.

Here is one of the lots...

Auction Type: Internet Auction
Open Time: 06/17/2008 12:00AM Eastern Time
Close Time: 06/19/2008 06:43PM
Award Time: 06/20/2008 12:00AM Eastern Time
Time Left: Closed
Current Bid: N/A

Here, from GL web site Q&A:

:arrow: Q: The close time was listed as 5 p.m. EST, but the lot stayed open well past that time. Why did the auction not close at the specified time?
A: Per Government Liquidation Terms and Conditions, Internet Auction lots close in accordance with the 15-minute rule, which states, "At the scheduled closing time, the lot(s) with active bidding will remain open for fifteen-minute (15) increments until all bidding has ceased". Generally regarding Internet Auction lots- if the bidding box is open, the lot is available for bidding and customers are still able to place a bid. :!:

I understand a web site have some glitches and get updated for the best, now I really cannot understand WHY GL Site that was working perfectly before got updated to get those glitches in :?

FMJ

In Memorial
In Memorial
Ed,

I wouldn't hold my breath for an answer, and if you get one from "Robyn", she will tell you to email your concerns to GL management......

That way they can all sit around and laugh......

And then send you the prepared boiler plate response.....

I really hope they lose the bid for renewal of their contract.

dm22630

EdMontana said:
Saw several lots that went at way higher prices few weeks ago and they were back for auction, I just wonder who are those guys that rather waste way over $2,500 in penalty fees instead just pay for what they have bid for, and I am talking about 6~8 lots....
Umm....if they reeeeally didnt want them, couldnt they just purposely screw up the EUC & get denied?? Then you arent technically "backing out", the govt would be saying "NO" & the bid would be cancelled via GL

HOWEVER.......

If GL sees people do this, they should BAN THEM so they cant bid now & decide later....which screws everybody up!

Just my 2cents

LibertyDeuce

GL Web Site Problems

Ed
Glad you brought this to light. I believe GL is playing marketing games to tweak the final sales prices and to increase their revenues. By not showing the current bid price, and subsequently not showing the final bid price, GL is hoping that potential bidders in coming auctions will not remember or have a reference of what a particular MV model sold for last time, thereby pushing prices out of sight. That's just my 2cents aua . Anybody have a different thought.

dm22630

Re: GL Web Site Problems

LibertyDeuce said:
Ed
Glad you brought this to light. I believe GL is playing marketing games to tweak the final sales prices and to increase their revenues. By not showing the current bid price, and subsequently not showing the final bid price, GL is hoping that potential bidders in coming auctions will not remember or have a reference of what a particular MV model sold for last time, thereby pushing prices out of sight. That's just my 2cents aua . Anybody have a different thought.

I think that (from a business standpoint) that what they are doing makes a LOT of sense. Uninformed buyers are the best ones.....what car lot wants the buyers knowing what they or other people paid?

Here are the facts (as I see them)

1. GL has a monopoly on Military Surplus Vehicles
2. GL makes a lot of $$
3. GL wants to make more $$

SO...I would assume that this hidden pricing is a TEST to see if thier profits will go up. If they do, the prices will stay hidden. If the profits go down, they may post them again.

Its all about the almightly dollar.

Another 2cents ;)

LibertyDeuce

RE: Re: GL Web Site Problems

Daniel
You extended what I had been thinking quite well. What I do, is that I save the web page about 5 to 10 minutes before it closes to gauge the final bid price. This way, at my leisure , I can check the approximate final bid price. I am not going to let a monoply, like you say, determine the price I am going to pay for a great hobby and what not!!

devilman96

RE: Re: GL Web Site Problems

Copied from this thread... http://www.steelsoldiers.com/index.php?name=PNphpBB2&file=viewtopic&t=22817&postdays=0&postorder=asc

I would be emailing Becky Bellinger with the DRMO in Battle Creek... She handles GL's contracting with the DRMO... If anyone needs to be hearing this stuff it’s her and your congressional reps! If you write your rep, outside of the typical GL issues you should also ask why again we have another private contractor handling the gov's job...

Becky can be reached at becky.bellinger@dla.mil . . DO NOT... (and i feel the need to repeat this)... NO NOT act like a putz when emailing her. She cant fix anything... but she needs to know about the problems!!!!
If you have something to say about GL... Make it count!!!! https://forms.house.gov/wyr/welcome.shtml

1stDeuce

At least on the vehicles I acquired yesterday, it would seem that the new GL policy is actually lowering prices on the majority of stuff. (A3 Deuces aside...)

If the issues you all speak of are truely on purpose, I doubt it'll be long before it gets put back the way it was... I got two trucks and a trailer from Lansing, MI, where prices are ALWAYS high, and I got them very cheap.

And I suppose I should say now that I really don't care for the way some of you guys are bagging on Robyn lately... Yes, she is the GL rep on our forum, but she just works there, she doesn't make policy, and aside from passing along our comments to her supervisor, which I'm sure she's doing, she is probably powerless to change much. Funny how everyone went from "Robyn is the coolest" right after Aberdeen to this new theory that she is the ruler of the underworld... From what I've seen, she's been nothing but polite and as helpful as she can be. As for how she drove that truck to Aberdeen, who cares??? Most any of you would have done the same given the opportunity, I know I would have! :lol:

Chris

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter

hndrsonj

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
So why can't you go to the homepage and look under past bid results at the bottom. I just pulled up all the recent vehicles closing prices? They list many events but only recent ones have the prices still there.

EdMontana

hndrsonj said:
So why can't you go to the homepage and look under past bid results at the bottom. I just pulled up all the recent vehicles closing prices? They list many events but only recent ones have the prices still there.

Sir, I don't know who you are talking with but....

If is with me....Did what you suggest long ago, maybe you are bidding in T-shirts :wink: ...I don't know but if you ask for the yesterday's results on Event 3386 at Past Event Bid Results this is what you get!!!

3386 - Demil BQ Industrial, Marine & Vehicular See...
No Lots Found
:roll:

Also, whatever results you pulled (if you did and where you did) they may not be the real closing prices as the main pages never reflected the last bid prices from the beginning when it used to work anyway has it was a delay in update the main pages, I don't think your post have to do with the problems I exposed here about bumping the time for ONE HOUR and not showing the prices on ONGOING auctions.

For all of you guys that want to suck up and play good boy :oops: , UNDERSTAND THIS....I am not bringing this up to trash GL, but that maybe they see the problems and fix it....I guess that's the reason this board section was created.....or they are just loosing space here.
For over 4 years I have dumped a good amount of cash on GL on many other articles besides trucks and would like see the site running smooth at least.

Rest my case here.

hndrsonj

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
You had also asked about being able to see what things closed for, that is what I was trying to help with. I just went in and looked at some randon items that a buddy bid on and was able to see them. They were pulled up without problems. However, I can't pull up prices on certain events including 3386. Some events like 3393-3398 can be seen. I was able to pull up more than going through the main page by finding something in the same event and clicking on the event (that showed all ending prices) for everything in there. I do not know what is up with 3386, I can pull the entire lot up but nothing shows the sale price that I can see in this one event. As for people sucking up to GL, whenever there is a problem call and complain; it's the only way it will get fixed. :wink:

Michael

It is the B/Q stuff that they are blocking the closing price on. I just noticed that the trucks I bid on yesterday and did not win are not on my bid history page. The tarps that were not B/Q are. So it seems the trick we discussed last week of placing a bid at midnight when the sale opens isn't working either. Some things out west close at 6 eastern instead of 5. Are you sure it changed at the last min and wasn't like that the whole time?

Could it be that people are bidding outrageous prices on a truck and then looking at other closed sales and realizing that they paid too much and defaulting?

Rebelpride

I admit something is not Kosher, after I won my M1008 from Portsmouth Lot 3344. I could not view past bid or closed watchlist. As for Robyn she helped me get a refund on tax that I was charged in GA on a truck. And she seems cool.

EdMontana

hndrsonj said:
. As for people sucking up to GL, whenever there is a problem call and complain; it's the only way it will get fixed. :wink:

One complaint will not do nothing, a few complaints will....I guess that was the intention in the thread from the post just bellow mine that Kenny has the link above.....

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I bid on 42 M1009s in this last auction. I can still see the bidding history of each and every lot. If you folks want to make a difference, start emailing info@govliquidation.com If 10 folks join me in emailing, we might can get something done.

GM72K10

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Was able to save this one, but probably because I bid on it:

Event Id 3386 Lot Number 3002
1987 CHEVROLET MAINTENANCE TRUCK, SN: 1GCHD3415HF314439, 27847 MILES, 6. 2 L DIESEL, AUTO TRANSMISSION, HOBART MDL: G-20 GENERATOR/ WELDER, 120V 1PH 200AMP, 4 CYL WISCONSIN ENGINE, TRUCK DOES NOT RUN, BUYER LOAD.

Below is a listing of all the bids that have been placed on this item to date. Please click the 'More' button to see more than the last 5 bids.

Place a Bid on this Auction
View Lot Details
Return to My Auctions
Return to My Bid History for this Event

Auction Summary
Auction Ends: 06/19/2008 05:12PM Eastern Time First Bid: $50.00
Time Left: 0 hours and 0 minutes Current Bid: $1,290.00 (per lot)
Next Winning Bid: $1,360.00

GM72K10

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Here's another one; this one is at least the second time up, first time went for about $750.00

Event Id 3386 Lot Number 3003

YEAR UNKN, GM, MDL: M1031, SN UNKN, PICK-UP TRUCK, 236 MILES, WINDSHIELD BROKE, NO SEATS, BED, FUEL TANK, REAR WINDOW, DRIVE SHAFT. RUNNING CONDITION UNKN, BUYER LOAD.

Below is a listing of all the bids that have been placed on this item to date. Please click the 'More' button to see more than the last 5 bids.

Place a Bid on this Auction
View Lot Details
Return to My Auctions
Return to My Bid History for this Event

Auction Summary
Auction Ends: 06/19/2008 05:00PM Eastern Time First Bid: $50.00
Time Left: 0 hours and 0 minutes Current Bid: $1,080.00 (per lot)
Next Winning Bid: $1,150.00

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks