• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Pinzgauers in West Texas Big Bend National Park

dm22630

Big Bend is one of the BEST national parks that I have ever been to. It makes you realize that you are veeeeery small.

I thought that it would be too hot in southern Texas to go out in the sunlight during this time of year :wink:

Nice Pictures!

Tx75Pinz

It got hot later in the afternoon when we got down to the lower elevations by the Rio Grande. The thing was it was hard to find time for people to go during the school year. It's not what you would call on the beaten path. The plus side of that is you aren't sitting in a traffic jam waiting for the other tourists to finish taking a picture of a bear.

For an initial effort to get some Pinz owners in Texas together, it turned out pretty good.

If I remember right, Big Bend is something like 800,000 acres. I'd have to look it up.

Thanks for the comments.

Comalforge

We love Big Bend - I took the whole family in 2000 when Boquillas was still open (before 9-11). I think it's closed now but the scenery in the rest of the park is breath taking. My son went to college in Alpine for three years and cowboyed all over that country. I'd like to retire somewhere around Ft Davis if I ever get the chance to stop working.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks