• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

THE ORIG. TRACTOR, WRECKER

No.2Diesel

More

Here are some Ops Manual shots...

Attachments

No.2Diesel

Sterlings

Hi,

Here to finish this update are some pics of similar models Manufactured by Sterling. One is specified as a torpedo transporter, check out the bed!

Attachments

captain-crank

Hi Jeff,

How's it going?

Do you happen to know how the rear suspension was sprung on the 10 ton Sterling?

Judging from the one pic of the trucks rear, it looks very similar to a tandem set up that was put under a cadaver 8144 I have.

The pair in question I have are Timken top drives using one huge and thick leaf spring on each side.
Lower torque rods are attached to the axle housing same in as in picture.

Planning a de-mob since the whole thing is a bit bigger and slightly different design than the Wards rear drivers and won't work for spares.

Sad, but scrap is good and those dainty things weigh..........a lot.

John

Jeff Lakaszcyck

Capatain, I'm not sure if I can help you but I'll send you an email anyway. I have some some higer res pics of the above, and maybe some others. I want to say the rears were similar to your WLF and KW.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks