• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

How much have you spent with GL?

M1075

Today while dowloading a paid-in-full invoice from GL, I clicked on the link to download an excel file of my past GL purchases. WOW, what a surprise. I really spent that much? What about you?

EDIT-
What started as a humorous thread may actually provide some good insight. This poll is far from scientific, but I imagine that it could speak VOLUMES to the GL powers about our interrest and committment to the hobby. Collectively, I imagine we Steelsoldiers members have spent over $1M with GL. Maybe $1M per year, maybe more, who knows? We can't post bidder numbers here and we can't see bidder history anyway!

tie6044

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I hit the $10,000 mark and my first purchase was just earlier this year :shock: I need to take a break and sell a couple to my friends to they can get used instead of killing the grass in my horse pasture. My kids don't really need to go to college, do they? Both my boys keep telling me which ones I should keep because they are going to drive them when they get older. After I got my first one I just kept wanting more!

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
$1K-10K here

ida34

Are you working for my wife? I take the 5th. I refuse to answer on the grounds that it may incriminate me.

Djfreema

In Memorial
In Memorial
This post got me thinking and I had never tallied it up before. I have always ended up flipping the items for more or getting my fair share of parts before selling. I added up the totals from my past invoices $13,474.09 over the past 6 years, this includes GL fees and tax.

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I used to conduct a regular business doing surplus material resale, so I'm in for WAY over $10K over the past several years. Not to the $100K mark, though.

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Interesting that the GL website Excel spreadsheet only lists a couple of my inexpensive purchases. I've spent over $4,000 and they only show $280.

fstfrdy

I have bought 3 vehicle from GL including a m35 and a m1009 parts truck and am still only $1,000 in the hole. won't stay that low for long (hoping)

ARMYMAN30YearsPlus

In Memorial
In Memorial
Wow:
I am going to have to change my vote, I topped $10,000 with all the trailers, trucks ,welders, generators, tents, tools, and radios. That does not count the truck I bought from Tim but that was not a part of the thread.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks