• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

CNY to Lakehurst pick-up trip

LanceRobson

Sometime in the next couple of weeks I'll be heading from central New York to Lakehurst, NJ to pick up an M1009 and an M1008.

If anyone needs something hauled either way or wants to team up to pick up their vehicles, please post a reply or launch a PM.

The current plan is for 3 of us to take an M1008 set up as a maintenance contact vehicle, a towbar and a stock of high use parts and drive them home. On the chance they've ever been moved with a forklift, we'll take driveshafts too.

Our intent is to launch at "Oh-dark-thirty", get them out of the yard and start home. We'll let the day's timeline determine when or if we find a hotel or grind it out in one day.

If anyone needs a vehicle inspection done I'll try to fit that in, too. Any vehicle inspection might be billed out in beers at Gilbert or Aberdeen, though!

Lance

Mike_Pop

Lance,

If you need any assistance, feel free to give me a shout. I'm not far from Lakehurst.

LanceRobson

It looks like we're leaving tomorrow and returning Tuesday.

Still waiting for an appointment confirmation from GL. The time for the trip came free Friday after they closed for the weekend so I'm hoping it won't be a problem. I've got two business weeks left to move them but one of the pick up crew and I are both contractors and it's a tough time of year for both of us to get free.

Pick ups are only allowed on Tues. and Wed.

This is my first CUCV pick up as a civilian. We intend to try and drive them back. In addition to the usual tools, fluids etc we'll take a towbar, tow lights and an "In Tow" sign.

For CUCV specific parts I've got keys, fuel filters, hoses and belts. We've got an extra spare.

Does anyone have any thoughts on CUCV specific parts to add to the list?

Lance

LanceRobson

Oops, forgot to add this. when I originally started this thread someone offered to stash one or both trucks if they absolutely couldn't be driven or towed.

In a fit of careless housecleaning, I deleted the PM. If you're the member who offered the help and you're still willing, please PM me again.

Thanks

Lance

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks