• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

need some stuff for my NEW elmo truck

davesgmc

Well, I did it, i got a new elmo truck. as you guys know, I sold the old elmo truck,,,it was called elmo cause it was painted blue, red and yellow, looked like somehting from sesame street. The NEW elmo truck is called elmo cause its Extra Long Monsterous and Oversized. Its a 5 ton bridge truck! I bought it from mark Walker. It has no bed on it curently and has the 6-71 detriot engine in it.

I have the idea to put a duece bed (12 foot) or a 5 ton bed(14 foot) on it and crew cabit.

So I am looking for a bed first off, the an extra cab to chop up. I could probably do it out of all new steel, but would prefer to ahve another cab with doors so its easier. I will mkae a custom canvas top for it when i get the cab stretched.

I also need a pintle hitch with bracket for the 5-ton, bumperettes, front and rear tail lights.

That is just the start of the list, the bed is the main thing I am needing right now, a cab would be nice too, or at least a couple of doors.

If anyone knows of something for sale, let me know.

davesgmc

http://steelsoldiers.com/index.php?name=PNphpBB2&file=viewtopic&t=22371&highlight=detroit

still looks the same so far, I havent done anything to it since i bought it 2 weeks ago. I cut all the bracketsw that the fire dept welded to the frame, cleaned out the inside, took all the plumbing out for the fire truck crap that was in it,,,thats about it. I replaced the forward most rear drive shaft because the carrier bearing was bad and caused a vibration that would litterally shake the truck apart. It now goes down the road at 70 mph with ease and little to no vibrations! Yes, I had it up to 70! My g/f was behind me following in her car and she told me how fast we were going. I knew that 6-71 was really humming going down the road, but had no idea i was going that fast. This thing really has some balls behind it so far. I have taken it up some hills off road that would stall most anything else i have and it went up with no problem. I will strip all the wiring out of it later this week and re-wire the entire truck. it has bits and ;pieces of the original 24v and the added on 12v system as well, its a complete mess!

m.walker

Dave , Good deal the shaft worked out ? I took it off my sig. so you could put it on yours . One more guy hooked on big trucks !!! I can't wait to see it done ! Mark
P.S. I know where some big tires are for sale ( hahaha ) !

davesgmc

oh, it has a soft top on it now too, took the hard top off and put on a painted vinyl soft top for now. a custom canvas soft top will go on after the cab is stretched out.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks