• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Field kitchen question

TheBuggyman

Alright, I have read the TM and I think that the MBU's use gasoline as fuel but something is tickling the back of my mind that I saw somewhere to use diesel. Which is it?

Also, does anyone have any stuff they would want to sell for a field kitchen?

cranetruck

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hmm..not a part, but I have C-14 (Change #14, dated 15 July 1996) for the TM 10-7360-206-13, stapled and about 1/4 inch thick, perhaps 75 pages. How about $12.00 USPS priority mail postage included....

TheBuggyman

Hey fellas,
Thanks for the offers -
Bjorn, what is covered in that manual?

Wreckerman, I have a buddy who might be interested in your burners. I have tested one of mine and it is good but I have three to go.

I would really like to find a field oven........

Here are some pics of unloading and opening up-

Attachments

DanMartin

VERY NICE!!! Man, I have *got* to get me one of those! Talk about being the king of the camp-out! All you need to do is add a big BBQ/smoker to the bed of the tow vehicle, and you're in!

Idaho Motor Pool has one of these for sale, but I don't think it's as nice as yours....Hmmm.

cranetruck

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
TheBuggyman said:
Hey fellas,
Thanks for the offers -
Bjorn, what is covered in that manual?....
Wow, that is nice, pretty complete too!

The changes are shown on the images below and are marked with a black bar along the border for those pages with changes.

Attachments

deuceman51

I can guarentee you that they use diesel because just 20 minutes ago I just helped the cooks refill ours that we are using down in Suriname. That is what we are eating out of everyday down here on the base camp. I will get some pictures for you guys of the unit we have, but I can't post them until I get back to the states. Now if we could only get some decent chow to cook on the MKT, lol. I also have a picture of a Surinameise Army truck that looks just like an M109, but it definately isn't.

TheBuggyman

emmado22 said:
Did you get the cords to wire the genny to the MBU's?
I got the side for the field ovens and the crossover line to the griddle side but no cord to the four burners. I made up a wiring harness that connects all of them today and tested-

It all works! Amazing!

TheBuggyman

citizensoldier said:
WOW! That is a nice one! Very complete and a new cover too! I am jealouse... But good score... Where did that one come from? If you dont mind me asking..
This one came out of Fort Bragg.

The people there were super friendly and very helpful, the base easily accessed and the DRMO lot is just inside the gate, I'll be a repeat customer there!

SCSG-G4

PSVB 3003
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Pictures are nice, but where are the M59 ovens? I see the TM on them in the above posts, but the place they should be is blank. Did you get the 'flyproof' screening? And, do you have the rest of the side rails? What else, oh yeah, are the logos on the MBU's black or red? Black is the original, and red is the upgrade version.

CGarbee

The field ranges (the M59 "ovens") were removed and sold seperately... I thought about purchasing them (heck, I came real close to bidding on this MKT as well but I already have one...).
MBU's use diesel, the older burner units used gas.

Good to see that this unit went to one of the "familly". :)

I'll second that Eddie and Eric at Bragg (as well as the folks up front in the DRMO section of the building) are really good folks. It's always a pleasure to run over there to pick up stuff. I've also got to say that the guys at the Knox gate are pretty smooth as well...

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I can see one of these in my future. Since I don't cook much, finding a stripped one would be ideal as I can use it as a towable easyup although I doubt it goes up that easy.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks