• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

So Cal fall desert trip

WillWagner

The Person You Were Warned About As A Child
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Called Dave a few weeks ago, he sold his deuce and then the guy who had the HMMWV, sold it to another person before Dave got there with the $. He is MV less for now. Tried calling Tony, He and Dave have had a falling out, couldn't raise him, left a msg, no reply.

WillWagner

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
OOPS, messed up. I have been married to the same woman for 20 years, for 17 of the 20, she has had the same job, same days, same hours. I STILL can't get it right. She is ON the week ends of Oct 4 and 18. So, is it too late to see about moving thing up a week? The 11th or 25th? The latter is my b-day week end, might be able to get an extra day :) Sorry :oops:

WillWagner

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
OK, it is getting closer. Let's do the weekend of the 4th. Maybe Fri. thru Sun.? Ernie has a water buffalo we can fill and bring..he lives in Hesperia, so he's close, and, about 3 miles back from where we usually go, there is a hydrant in the middle of the desert. We can empty and re-fill the buffalo, and maybe have a pool! We have lots of fire wood. Mike has a new mule too. I'll send out some PMs. My anneversary was when we were in Havasu, so i'm good there!

bigmike

Steel Soldiers Supporter
October 4th?
I'm up for Friday thru Sunday and even thurs. thru Sunday. I'll definitely bring the mule along with the M105. I hope I'm still here when this thing goes down.

WillWagner

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Right on, We need to get 100dollar man and Floyd on board too! I can bring the radar scattering netting and set it up so we have a bit of out of direct sunlight area.

WillWagner

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
WillWagner said:
OOPS, messed up. I have been married to the same woman for 20 years, for 17 of the 20, she has had the same job, same days, same hours. I STILL can't get it right. She is ON the week ends of Oct 4 and 18. So, is it too late to see about moving thing up a week? The 11th or 25th? The latter is my b-day week end, might be able to get an extra day :) Sorry :oops:
I am such an idiot! I didn't even remember what I posted. The 4th is no good fer me...as I stated in my own post. Hows the weekend of the 11th sound? I think this works better for Jon too. I am sorry for the mass confusion. I gotta start writing things down :oops:

hole

Its OK brother, we understand. You do know its official though, you've got the geeze. Sorry, but its best that this sort of thing comes from someone who loves you.Just dont let people at the dmv find out! :lol:

bigmike

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The 11th...I'm not so sure now...just kidding!!!

As long as I'm still here, I'll be there. Mule and all.

hole

My wife just informed me that the 10th is Brett Favre's birthday. My hall pass is now in question. She has also informed me that she will not be bringing the celebration on the road. Any suggestions?????

FMJ

In Memorial
In Memorial
hole said:
My wife just informed me that the 10th is Brett Favre's birthday. My hall pass is now in question. She has also informed me that she will not be bringing the celebration on the road. Any suggestions?????
You've got to be kidding.......

find a hottie celeb who shares Brett's b-day and make a deal......

If all else fails, call Bret a traitor because he plays for NY now.....

hole

Hole's wife here....You need to understand the magnitude/significence of Brett Favre's birthday in our house. Like it or not, he can go...but he will be missing out on the paarrrrttttty... And what does "find a hottie celeb who shares Brett's b-day and make a deal"?... What kind of deal can he make....??? and in our house he is NOT a traitor just because he now plays for the Jets....Again...It's Hole's Wife

FMJ

In Memorial
In Memorial
hole said:
Hole's wife here....You need to understand the magnitude/significence of Brett Favre's birthday in our house. Like it or not, he can go...but he will be missing out on the paarrrrttttty... And what does "find a hottie celeb who shares Brett's b-day and make a deal"?... What kind of deal can he make....??? and in our house he is NOT a traitor just because he now plays for the Jets....Again...It's Hole's Wife
Agree not to celebrate said hottie's bitrthday, if he can go on the trip. easy for me to say as I live somewhere else....... ;)

hole

Well, my hall pass has been reinstated! BigMike, I'm looking forward to checking out your mule,I've never seen one in person. I've got quite the pile of firewood going on my jobsite so we should be good in that department.

WillWagner

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Well, it is just a tad over a month away. I know I have a bit of maintenence to do as does hole. I have PM'd and called some guys. Looks like there will be a good crowd so far. Sorry to say, nay on the shirts...not enough dollars to spare. Maybe by the next trip sometime in late '08, early '09. The w-end we will be going is the same as the Marching Through History event at Prodo Dam, so the SCMVCC guys will be occupied there. No word from Tyler yet, and Gary is a work-a-holic so he can get his proprerty up to snuff. Can we try to get a head count?

hole

Wouldnt miss it even if they were giving away free beer at the brewery that day! On second thought, I'll load up the free beer first and show up late

bigmike

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'm in for the 11th weekend...again assuming I'm still in town. I've got the mule down for axle re-builds but the parts should be here today or tomorrow and the work is planned for the upcoming long weekend.

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks