• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

So Cal fall desert trip

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
WillWagner said:
Last time out there, there were 2, A3 wheels with 90% or better tires on them, just leanin' on a container.
I'd have my checkbook in hand and walking out with them. OMG, Will, you need to check into those. Wished I could find a pair!

WillWagner

The Person You Were Warned About As A Child
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I thought about it, but then thought about replacement tires, a spare...me thinks that good ol 900x20 NDCCs will continue to to be shod on my pony. But it sure would look good!

Djfreema said:
Sorry Nathan , I lost track of the thread. Its about 1 1/2 hours to Barstow from here in a regular car so figure 2 1/2 hours in a duece. We could hook up at the 14 fwy/ Sand Cyn Rd.
That may be the better method for me. Avoiding Maricopa and Grapevine would be best for the moment. At least until I feel more comfortable with the truck.

ems4ty

Just wanted to chime in and check out the posts. Seems like nothing has changed and still on for Camp Dirtbag! I have a flight back into town on Friday the 10th. So as soon as I get back, I'll load up and hit the road and should be out there that afternoon/evening. Same place as the last 2 times? Talk to ya's later!

nf6x

Feral Engineer
I'm sorry that I'm missing the trip this year (I really need to finish moving, because I'm paying rent and a mortgage right now... ouch!), but maybe I'll make it next year!

Say, is anybody thinking about another Fontana boneyard run later this year? I think I'd be up for one around November or December.

WillWagner

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yup, same place. I have a line on a shirt guy...cross your fingers...Tyler, maybe you should losd B-4 you leave, that way you can just saddle up and head out. 3 weeks and counting!

bigmike

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Well, i'm sitting in my new office in Tacoma WA. reading this thread and already missing you guys. :( :( :(

hole

We're gonna miss you!! We might just have to plan a Tacoma run [thumbzup] Mike, please pm me with your new address so I can mail you a ck for the top. Good luck on the new job!

thovis

Hello everyone, new to this site/thread.

From the pictures that Will posted this trip looks to be for the Big Dogs. My little guy wants to play, but how would he keep up.

Tom
Santa Clarita, CA

WillWagner

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Mike, you will be/are missed. If it makes you feel better, i'll force myself to suck down a beverage in your honor! Keep the drive goin' up there and check out places to have gatherings. Post lots o pics. You are still a PM away man! Tom, djfreema lives in SC. Give him a shout. Yellowbronc is gonna meet up with Devin for the trip down, you can hook up with them. If you aren't comfortable driving your jeep, trailer it. Remember, a well run convoy is only as fast as the slowest vehicle. I can't believe it is only 2 weeks out. Got a new to me SKS today, should be fun!

100dollarman

thovis said:
Hello everyone, new to this site/thread.

From the pictures that Will posted this trip looks to be for the Big Dogs. My little guy wants to play, but how would he keep up.

Tom
Santa Clarita, CA
This will be my first 'get together' with MVs, so I am not in charge, but I would assume all MVs are welcome. How 'bout it, guys?

Your little guy can go anywhere a Deuce can, so dont worry about that.

And WELCOME to the forum!!!!

100dollarman

Hey Will- Where exactly is the campsite? I will be coming from the Slash X side, but probably most of you guys will get off I-15 somewhere?

Are people "camp" camping, bringing trailers and motorhomes, or ???

Looking forward to it! I am hoping that I can get 2-3 Deuces out there.

WillWagner

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Well, if you head out the power line road back toward the 15, hang a left at the road that has the ruins to the left, and head back over the hill to apx 3 miles before the go cart track, we will be on the right. It is about 19 miles out the powerline road from Slash-X, back to the spot we have been to in the past, all ugly hooper filled road. I might be easier to do the 18 back to the 15, head toward Vegas, Get off at Stoddard Wells/Bell Mtn, Left at the end of the ramp, cross over Dale Evans and go apx 3 miles PAST the go cart track. PM me for a bit better options.

WillWagner

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Forgot to say, most of the peps do the tent/back of the truck, one or two do the trailer thing...doesn't matter. Bring a trailer..i mean a latrine...and everybody will love you! Ask mendo69!

Djfreema

In Memorial
In Memorial
Welcome Thovis! Was that you at the Sant Clarita 4th of July parade with your family in the Jeep? I had the 2 axle M35A2 if you remember seeing it. Your vehicle will be fine and more than likely go more places than the big trucks. I brought my motorhome and Blazer on the last trip so I could have the wife and kids tag along but this time will be bringing my duece and almost 5 year old daughter and we will be "roughing it" in the back of the duece. You are more than welcome to hook up with us at Sand Canyon/14 fwy so we can all head out together. Send me a PM with your phone number if interested.

Djfreema

In Memorial
In Memorial
Mike, today is the first I had heard you moved away, sorry to hear that. At least now you can go play with DMA251 and his monster of a truck. We will be sure to put a few coldies back in your honor and take lots of pics, I was looking forward to playing with your mule :( .

19kilo

Hey is this only for you So Calif MV'ers, or can anyone one close enough that can drive there go? I'm just north of Phoenix, about a 6 hour drive. I should have my new(new to me) deuce by the 1st of October and planning on already taking it to Ok City for a reunion there, then be back by the 2nd week of October. But just asking. :) I figured from an earlier remark that any MVer's were welcome. If I come, I'll probably be bringing my 6 year old daughter and my 11 year old son. I might have my new M114 to bring along too if the sale goes thru before then.

hole

19kilo, Everyone who wants to come is welcome! Deuce ,Jeep ,5ton, if its a MV bring it. Best bet is to pm Will Wagner for directions/ info. he's our keeper of knowledge. Hope you can make it!

WillWagner

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yeah, my name's Gozar, keeper of the knowledge! I know nothing.. M114 as in tracked carrier!!?? MV or no MV come on out. Anyone is welcome.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks