• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

So Cal fall desert trip

19kilo

Ok. Can you pm me good directions for someone who's never been there before? I mapquested the town..looks like my best route is via I-10 west from Phoenix then north on 215 then 15. As for the M114, yes the tracked recon armor. I'm negotiating a deal, and we'll see if it goes thru before the get together.

bigmike

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Djfreema said:
Mike, today is the first I had heard you moved away, sorry to hear that. At least now you can go play with DMA251 and his monster of a truck. We will be sure to put a few coldies back in your honor and take lots of pics, I was looking forward to playing with your mule :( .
Thanks guys,

I expect there to be an official toast and drinking of the cerimonial brew in my honor. Then I expect a continuation of the drinking until numbness sets in. You all better post a ton of pics.

I have half a mind to fly down there and hop a ride on the nearest deuce I see heading that way...you never know. :shock: :shock:

hole

Mike, Ont. airport is right down the street, can pick you up early fri and get you back sun afternoon if you need another flight plan option. I hope you find your way down! I dont know about the rest of you , I hope 19kilo makes it with the M114. I know we scare some of the natives with just Deuces , but tracked armour!!

WillWagner

The Person You Were Warned About As A Child
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
hole said:
Mike, Ont. airport is right down the street, can pick you up early fri and get you back sun afternoon if you need another flight plan option. I hope you find your way down! I dont know about the rest of you , I hope 19kilo makes it with the M114. I know we scare some of the natives with just Deuces , but tracked armour!!
Ditto! Hope you can make it too!
For those of you that have a GPS, here are the coordinates for the entrance to the camp spot. Turn left at the opening.
Lat. 34.648337
Lon. -117.126542

WillWagner

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Could you imagine if we rolled into ONT with a line of MV's? They'd lock the place down and we'd all be in deep doo doo :shock:

bigmike

Steel Soldiers Supporter
That would be awsome!!!! But let's not do that just on my behalf. I will look into it seriously. The wife would be perfectly fine with it. I'll check with the new boss. You never know!!!!

I am serious!!!! Let's talk about who would be least affected.

I'll check flights. I know ONT is easy and cheap...let me look into Burbank...I'll post later.

hole

Ont is less than 10 miles from me, would be no trouble to come get you. Call me after you do your research 909 938 9889. Again, hope you can make it!

hole

OK gang, only 2 weeks until camp dirtbag III !! Hope our current weather changes by then or it will be 2,000 degrees out there. I guess we would just have to go sit under a shade tree at the Slash X and sip on coldies :jumpin: :beer:

DJ,

Coming down to the wire for me and the Duece for this trip. I am still working on the mechanicals of the Duece (Still need to go thru Front axle, check drivelines, oil change etc. Camper should be usable, not finished but usable.

If duece is not ready, fiflth wheel is.... so GAME ON! :beer:

If duece is going, I was thinking about leaving my place early Friday morning, If duece stays, I can leave thursday night. Lets talk about schedule?

Djfreema

In Memorial
In Memorial
I think Friday morning would be best for me. I'll be leaving the wife behind with a brand new baby so it would be pushing my luck if I asked for 3 nights away.

OPCOM

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Been following this thread, wish I could tag along, but my vacation time is at the whim of my employer.

Be sure to take hundreds of pictures and some videos and post them up here and on your own sites!! If afterward anyone has giant-sized videos they can't host, and they're better than youtube quality, let me know, I have a few GB left. I envy y'all being able to get together in cool weather+the open desert. Good luck and no deuce jumping!

WillWagner

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'd love to see a vid of that!
Since this is back to the top, here's what I have running around in my head for plans, any other idears are more than welcome.
Figured Hole, Tyler and I could meet up early AM on Friday, creep up the hill and get to camp, set up and wait for others, maybe hook up with 100dollarman at BV Cutoff. Do a bit of wheeling around 'till dark, then, appease the fire gods with offerings of barley beverage containers...we WILL remove the ones from the fire area after cooling! Saturday, all of us could convoy thru the dez out to Hodge Road, cross I-15 and find a good place to dispose of some ammunition. I ask that we all bring a couple of trash cans each, and a rake and shovel, to pick up some of the mess that pigs leave out there..it will be a good thing for the MV community and desert. We all can haul it home and dispose of it. After we have had our fill of lead discharge, we will police our area and head off to Slash-X for some refreshments and grub. Then, it's back to camp for more fire festivities. Sunday, that is an up in the air thing, depending on who breaks what or needs to get back to whomever. I have the graphics for t-shirts/tank tops done, just gotta get it to the shirt guy. A donation for the cost will be mucho appreciated, I think it will be 7 to 10 dollars.. Cant wait! I need a little vacation. I drove past 100dolaarman's place yesterday, man there's a mess of stuff there! Hope he brings one of the tracked pick-ups!

Not sure what kind of wheeling a duece with a shelter will be. My other ride is in the shop waiting for the Atlas 4 speed to come in. (Sold the old transfer case already) I will have to see what I can bring in the way of 4 wheeling other than the Duece which will probably be setting at camp for most the trip. Did the M109's run the desert at the last trip or did they stay put?

WillWagner

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
only 1 was out last time, he had to go to work...ernie lives 20 min. away. This time out, there will be 2 including yours. Nothing nasty, light trails and some hills.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks