• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

6.2 L V8 diesel engine transfer box from M1008

erland

I am looking for a full set of bearings for the transfer box that comes with 6.2 L V8 diesel engine transfer box from M1008 and it was built around 1990 I think. It is military Chevrolet Blazer

It seems to be very similar to Chevy K5 engine 1986. The transfer box has an extension at the end that is going for the rear axle and that extension has a driveshaft hanging on a good number of needle bearings. I have damaged one when putting the transfer box back to the main gear box (it's automatic 3 speed box). Can't find any place where I could order bearings or any other parts for that trasnfer box or engine. Any suggestions?

Attachments

maritimer

i thnk he is talking about te 4wd trasfer case output bearigs, at least thats what i am gathering. not surewhere in yor local area you might find them but an dealership ar auto pats place orspecificly transmission shop shuld be able to scrounge the bearngs up.

erland

I have that black cannister removed but will take a look where it was connected. I think it is for vacuum.

Yes, i'm referring to transfer case. Was thinking if it was NP208 but you just confirmed my guess. I do need 4wd transfer case output bearings as "maritimer" mentioned.

I am having hard times finding parts for that transfer case. Was doing searches on google, contacted several big online stores and noone seem to know what parts go there. I'll give a try on http://www.transmissionparts.com/ .

BTW - anyone know where to get custom size brake disks? I have drum disk brakes and need stronger brakes for my monster truck. The brake disk inner measures at 13,5" and the disk should be aprox 17" in the outer.

Could post some pictures here of what it looks like and where it goes to.

maritimer

cant help you on brakes but these guys should be able to hel pyou out on the transfer case stuff
http://www.northwestfab.com/ they carry full rebuild kits for the NP208 transfer case.
the black canister looks like a fluid resivoir maybe P/S or Coolent, actully it looks identical to the P/S fluid resivoir on the Freightliner FLD's

erland

Good stuff. Will ask them if everything fits directly to the transfer case. Thanks for that a lot.

m4A1

The black canister looks like it is connected to the heater hose. I have a black canister connected similarly and has a 110v plug to plug into a wall outlet so I assume it is a heater.

erland

The transfer case is NP208 C2 . Found the tag on the transfer case. How do I make sure that my transmission is TH 400 and not TH350?

The black cannister is missing on my engine right now, but it is connected to the coolant hoses in the picture.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks