• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M656 Ford 8X8 5 ton carrier to buy?

antjes27

Hi everyone. Does anyone know of someone that might sell a Ford M656 8X8 5 ton carrier? I have heard from others that there might be someone in Eastern Oklahoma that owns one -- does anyone know the person? Please help! I am really trying to purchase one (an original from WWII) as soon as possible.
Thanks everyone. :D

Stretch44875

Super Jr. Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Don't think you'll find a WW2 one, they were built after. Cranetruck will know when they were built for sure.

hndrsonj

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hawthorne Tractor in Lake City FL has one, also SECO in Augusta GA has one. Neither is complete and any you find will be big $$$$$.

cranetruck

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
There is a road tractor, xm757 in Eastern OK for sale. There was an m656 in Hendersen NV for sale a while back also one in San Diego, all pretty expensive, I'm trying to save up for the one at SECO in GA just to save it from the scrapper.....it's not complete, missing engine, transmission and one axle...the Florida one is too much money ($5,000) and missing the engine and transmission with the cab in bad condition.
They were designed and built by Ford in the mid sixties, very few were built, all in 1969.

Dale

I am looking to sell a Ford M56. I am in Redlands, CA. Runs great, has new tires, excellent condition.

antjes27

Dale said:
I am looking to sell a Ford M56. I am in Redlands, CA. Runs great, has new tires, excellent condition.
Dale:

do you have some pictures that you can post? How much are you selling the Ford M656 8x8 5 ton carrier for?

ldeeoliphant

M 656 Pictures

I'll try to attach some pictures of the three M 656's I have. One does not have a transmission and would be good for parts. L. Dee Oliphant

Attachments

steelsoldiers

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Dang! It's hard to fine, much less three in the same place. What's the story with the trucks? If I wasn't knee deep in my other project I would be finding a trucker to run to OK!:-D

m-35tom

Supporting Vendor
apart from the novelity, why would anyone want one? very poor mileage, low on power, top speed 45 only if you push it real hard. not to mention almost no spare parts anymore and a 40 year old allison 6 speed auto with no overdrive......... oh and a rats nest of plumbing tor the very poor wedge ativated brakes and pressurization. had one.

tom

hndrsonj

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
How are they low on power? I thought they had around 240 HP? Never had one or drove one just curious. BTW, Jack's surplus has a take out engine for one.

m-35tom

Supporting Vendor
they had the highest output lds engine made, i may misremember but i thought 202 hp. but with an automatic and with that weight vehicle about as fast as a non turbo deuce. the slightest hill was also a problem. on the other hand they would go anywhere a tracked vehicle would go.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks