• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Leece Neville Alternators

thebird00

Does anyone have a good source for the leece neville alternators for the M1010 or a alternator parts source for these? I'm not ready to do a 12 volt swap at the time and I'd like to just get the thing charging.

Thanks.

CCATLETT1984

hey, just throwing this out there, would it be easier to have a 24 to 12v dc-dc convertor and charge the battery that way. you could even run two of them in parallel to charge both of them at once.

CCATLETT1984

desertfox, the issue is that you have 12v loads in the truck as well. so balancing the load across both batteries becomes the problem. one battery ends up overcharged and the other undercharged.

SmokeyDod

With ref to the Leece alternator, I have a brand new one I bought as and extra in case I ever needed it for my M1010. Since I am going to sell it I won't be needing the Alt. Which one do you need the 12V or 28V one? I'm not sure but will ck tomorrow evening as to nos. & which one I have. I bought it on ebay a couple of years ago and it has never been installed on anything. I paid $200 for it and would just want my money back. I'll send more info wed night. Smokey

thebird00

I had both alternators checked and the top one was good, but the bottom one was completely dead. I'm praying that it's just the alternator and not that stupid blue box.

The dead alternator is at an electrical shop as we speak, but they are unsure if they can gets the parts for it. They have not torn into it let so it may be something that they can get. I'll keep u updated if they can't fix it.

I have a fishing trip lined up for the first week in August, so I wanted to get it running by then. If not, I'll just carry a spare battery and jump start it.

thebird00

Eneded up being an arced wire. 75 bucks later and its back in my posession. The guy tested it in front of me and it held the load. We'll see if that fixes the problem. Thanks for the help.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks