• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

fuel injector pump problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

scott

i have a M1008 CUCV (1984) and i am having problems with fuel delivery to the injectors. there is good flow out of the fuel filter supplying the inlet to the injector pump. it appears to be the fuel injector pump servo piston. i disconnected one of the fuel lines off the pump, pressed the accelerator and no increase in flow out of the discharge of the pump. any info on what to do with this problem? if i have to pull my fuel injector pump, can i replace it with another off a 1986 chevy 1ton 6.2 diesel? what extra parts should i have on hand before starting? also, what is a substitute for "calibration fluid"?

superburban

How have you determined that you are having "fuel delivery problems"? What are the symptoms? You can't condemn the injector pump because the flow out of the one disconected injector line looks inadiqate.

If you decide that you need a "new" on, any injector pump from any 6.2 will work, although you wont like how gutless the civilian c-code injector pumps are.

CCATLETT1984

you want a IP from a J code engine. you can use the one from the civilian truck, its the same. I know of no substitue for the calibration fluid. If you want the pump calibrated, take it to a diesel shop that does it. (dont do it yourself, trust me)

vegwerx1

Anyone know where to get a number 6 cylinder steel injection line?? I have a Jasper reman engine with really low miles and my number 6 line is leaking! Help!

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
You need to post a Want Ad. Not bring up a 5 year old unrelated thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks