• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

PTO output seal

gringeltaube

Staff Member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Parts Cross Reference: position #8 under Resources, FYI.

I already checked it out, sorry, that seal is not listed yet.
Aren't there any places where you can order a seal to given dimensions in height and shaft & housing diameters?

G.

Stretch44875

Super Jr. Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Will that PTO bolt to the back of a deuce PTO for a dual output unit(front and rear)?

Pappa-G

I got one from Memphis Equipment, it cost around $13 if I remember right. Mine must have been leaking for a while. When I got the truck from DRMO the trans was 2 gallons low on fliud! but it took only minutes to pull and swap the seal so it was an easy fix.
Good Luck!

madsam

In the other thread, some one said they are the same. But there was a question about output shaft..

gringeltaube

Staff Member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Madsam: that kit does not list the required oil seal for the rear output shaft. From the manual it is part# 7061271 (NSN 5330-00-559-8733).
Also the position shown for seal#500038 is confusing..., better check with Mike, I think his kit is complete just for the WN-7-28, not the dual output WND-7-28.

Rizzo: only the rear output section is the same for both and so they share above mentioned oil seal. Let me see tomorrow if there is any difference in diameter of the front output shaft or bearing cap so that the front oil seal would differ too.

G.

rizzo

gringeltaube said:
Madsam: that kit does not list the required oil seal for the rear output shaft. From the manual it is part# 7061271 (NSN 5330-00-559-8733).
Also the position shown for seal#500038 is confusing..., better check with Mike, I think his kit is complete just for the WN-7-28, not the dual output WND-7-28.

Rizzo: only the rear output section is the same for both and so they share above mentioned oil seal. Let me see tomorrow if there is any difference in diameter of the front output shaft or bearing cap so that the front oil seal would differ too.

G.
thank you

gringeltaube

Staff Member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
gringeltaube said:
......if there is any difference in diameter of the front output shaft or bearing cap so that the front oil seal would differ too. G.
OK, just took both appart, measured everything and confirmed that bearing caps are identical. Shafts differ in lenght but diameter is exactly the same: 1 1/4" . Seal specs would be 2 1/16" x 1 1/4" x h 1/2", (double lip)

So far I can asure that all seals and boots are good for both PTOs.

G.

Attachments

rizzo

gringeltaube said:
Parts Cross Reference: position #8 under Resources, FYI.

I already checked it out, sorry, that seal is not listed yet.
Aren't there any places where you can order a seal to given dimensions in height and shaft & housing diameters?

G.
I'm going to talk to my hydraulic friend today. He is also a power wagon buff. He might be able to order one.

thanks for the comparison.

gringeltaube

Staff Member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
..... and for the sake of completeness let me add dimensions for the questioned rear facing output seal: 2 1/6” x 7/8” x 11/16” cavity depth.
More than enough room for a nice double lip seal or two smaller single lip, with the outer one installed facing outward.

G.

gringeltaube

Staff Member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Rocco said:
Does anyone have the civilian cross reference number
for the output seal? The military part number is 60206-CI
This part goes on to the PTO for the 5 ton dump truck.
Possibly you already got one? Just pulled one out, stamped JC-087-2050-12. Seems to be original, although I don't like it, it's a single lip 3/8" height. (see my previous post)

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks