• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M274 added to the family

Lonesome715

How much to they sell for in good running condition? My dad and I wanted a couple but he is gone now and I would still like to get one.

LTCB

Just an observation: Basket case mules can run $1K - $2K. Motor Pool condition $6K plus. Frame off restoration / museum quality $10K plus.

Something worth considering when "investing" in a Mule. A good ATV may run $10K. What will it be work in 5 years???? Maybe half. A decent mule will probably gain in value not to mention the "Cool" factor. It seems with more being restored the more desirable they become.

Example: A week ago I took my mule to a church cookout to take some kids for a ride. Within 15 minutes I was asked if I would sell it. Had to clean up the drool from the middle aged "kids".

ARMYMAN30YearsPlus

In Memorial
In Memorial
Welcome to the site LTCB I take it you are an ordinance officer now we are called LG for Logistics Corps that kinda rots but it is the way of the Army. Can you post some pictures of your mules they sound very cool as well.

If I ever find one that fits it will come home with me too.

Lonesome715

I was thinking the same thing. We are really into ATV's so I know what they cost. I was doing the math and it makes a lot more sense to buy a Mule instead.

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Mules are the bomb. Very useful around the house.

LTCB

Thanks for the welcome. Yes, the Ordnance Corps was my home for 28 years until mandatory retirement. Wanted to stay longer but there was this issue about the Congressional statute.

Since you asked, here are my two Mules. The two seater is Jack. He is a Commander model from Mechanical Mules of America. Looks like it came directly from the factory. Too nice to get scratched though. The work-a-day mule is Jenny. She is a motor pool restoration from a fellow here in AL. Runs beautifully but has the dents and dings of her 40 years. Just shows her character. If you are wondering about the names, well, they came from my wife. She claimed Jenny as hers the day I brought her home. (Yes, I can now keep two! :D )

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks