• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Buyer loads

Michael

I just got off the phone to schedule my appointment to pick up three shelter dollies I won at Montgomery, AL. They are listed as buyer loads. Well I have been buying from Montgomery for years. The first time I bought something after they added the "buyer loads", I went to a lot of trouble rounding up the gear to load a M1009 without tires on my trailer. When I got there, the National Guard rolls out a big forklift and after moving three other M1009s that were in front of mine he loaded mine on my trailer and off I went. I was told that the reason they put "buyer loads" was because they could not guarantee that the national guard would be available to load it for me, but they usually would.

Today, after I made my appointment, I asked if the National guard would still load them for me. I was told that no they would not. They will drag it out for me, but they will not be allowed to set it on my trailer. They had changed the policy and that she could not be responsible for property or personal damage. She said she had made the decision in order to protect her company from liability damage. I personally don't see how much more damage they could do since they have already picked it up and it is just a difference in were they put it down. I have to say I am pretty p.o. right now.

123mack

She must be new. When I picked up my M1009 in November, there was a guy there in charge and he was very helpful. When are you going down? I'm north of Montgomery about 2 miles off I65. If it's one of my off days I don't mind helping.

Michael

I am going this Thursday. I will try to be there around 10. She gave me the window of 9 to 12. She is not the same person I have dealt with in the past. I believe his name was Mr. Dickson. He was reasonably helpful.

Michael

Another thing you need to look out for is that they are opening up a bunch of new sites. Montgomery now has three different places to pick up at. The GL person didn't even know where one of them was. You can bet the new places will have little to no help and GL will only want to go there at their convenience. I bet this is part of the new contract. One of its conditions was to get the stuff off of active duty bases.

123mack

I think your'e right about his name being Dickson. I hope your transporters are in the original DRMO area with a locked gate. The area where Bruce's truck was vandalized is in the open where anyone on that facility can come and go. Too bad it's on Thurs. I used my day off yesterdy to go to Campbell and pick up a M101 trailer.

Michael

Well, the national guard loaded my trailer for me this time. The lady from GL must have told me 6 times that this would be the last time. That if I bought anything else, I would have to load it myself. I must admit that this lady is new. She repeated several times that she had to protect the company from liability. It sounds like she must have had one heck of an orientation meeting on the subject.

Is anybody getting this message from any of the other sites?

emmado22

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Guys, lets be smart...

Someone at GL reads this site, we know that. We dont know who else at GL reads it..
If we keep posting Joe Smith at the Camp Swampy GL site keeps helping load things, even though they know they SHOULDNT, dont you think we are creating problems for that person, and they really wont help us next time?

OPSEC is key in these situations.....

Michael

Let me clarify myself. It has been my understanding that, in the past, sites are listed as "buyer loads" if full time help cannot be guaranteed. It has been my experience that if help was available it was given. The new person that I dealt with yesterday stated that due to liability concerns, if a sale says buyer loads, they mean it. No assistance will be given even if they bring a fork lift out and move stuff out of the way to get to your lot. Even if they pick it up, they will not set it down on your trailer.

Since GL is suppose to be reading this perhaps they can clarify if this is indeed correct or has the new person overreacted.

Michael

Since it has been over 2 weeks since my original post and no one has reported similar treatment at any other locations, I must assume that it was just a case of someone being promoted to a position beyond their capabilities.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks