• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New rule

papercu

I was checking out G/L rules on loading stuff and saw this.

"G/L Terms and Condition Item 84. Where we indicate the Property must be loaded by the Buyer, you must provide all material handling equipment (MHE) and properly trained and certified operators to operate the equipment. Additionally, you must provide proof of adequate general liability insurance, and proof of worker's compensation insurance. Government Liquidation, LLC and the Defense Reutilization and Marketing Service must be listed as additional insured on the general liability insurance."

If enforced, that last part can be very expensive. You have to find a insurance company that will funish that kind of policy and the last time I had a policy (10 years ago) it was 6 or 7 hundred dollars for a year and that was only me on the policy. Wayne

sprucemt

My insurance cost's $400.00 per year. Each additional insured is $25.00 per. The workers comp is excempt as I am a sole proprieter. But this is another reason I think 3 times before I buy from GL.

Michael

This may explain why I was told what I posted about yesterday. I wonder what they are going to do to enforce this policy especially for those of us that are buying this for our personal use.

papercu

rule

those of us that are buying this for our personal use.
Mine was just for personal use and I still had to buy the policy. I had a friend that did major electrical work on base and had a policy like that but because of the classification issues I couldn't even use his.
Each type of job has a classification, I had be listed as a mechanic. Good luck, Wayne

Michael

RE: rule

Mine was just for personal use and I still had to buy the policy.
Let's back up here just a minute. Your first post is just asking if others had noticed a change in the rules. Now you are saying you have already had to buy the policy.

Are you saying you have tried to pick something up and was denied access because you could not prove
"proof of adequate general liability insurance, and proof of worker's compensation insurance"
.?

Just to be clear, the rule posted in the first post doesn't have anything to do with car insurance. They are talking about a general liability policy for a business on their employees.

papercu

rule

Michael if you will reread my first post that pickup was 10 years ago!
I am just saying the policy are the same type.
You are the only that has said anything "car insurance" Wayne

Michael

RE: rule

I have been picking up things from DRMO and GL for 20 years and have never had to show proof of general liability or worker's comp. I took your comment in the first post to mean that you knew it would be expensive because you had bought some for some unspecified reason unrelated to buying surplus.

I just through the car insurance in to be sure no one got confused because it is common to be asked for that now. I was almost denied entrance to Fort Campbell for not having proof of car insurance back before it became common to have to have it with you. They ended up taking my insurance agents verbal confirmation then. I still remember the feeling of driving 4 hours and then being held up at the gate until it was almost too late to pick up what I came for. I have to drive 240 miles in the morning to pick up some trailers. Perhaps I overreacted at the prospect of getting down there and being asked for something I don't have.

papercu

for

I demil the last 8 M151A2 the DRMO sold at Fort Stewart and if you worked in their yard you had to have the general liability insurance. Only lots that had to be worked on or demil required that clause. I also used the same policy when I bought a salvage lot thru DRMO at Townsend Bombing Range. Wayne

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks