• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

My herd of deuces.....

HeadWizard

Do you need a CDL if you register an M809 series at 25,999 lbs? Say an 813?

Cause if if you've gotta have one for an 809 series I better get moving on it. :shock:

dm22630

HeadWizard said:
Do you need a CDL if you register an M809 series at 25,999 lbs? Say an 813?

Cause if if you've gotta have one for an 809 series I better get moving on it. :shock:
I thought anything over 26,001 GVWR you had to....

And, if a cop pulled you over and look at the dataplate on the dash, I dont really think that they would care what YOU told the DMV the GVWR is.

2cents

jimm1009

I'm not usre why anyone would need a CDL for something that is not-commercial and probably does not even meet DOT spec which makes it definetly not commercial.
They do not have air brakes, they are hydraulic but with air- assist just as some have air-assist steering. The truck will stop without any air although it is not as much "fun".
Just my 1.5 cents worth.
Jim

dm22630

jimm1009 said:
I'm not usre why anyone would need a CDL for something that is not-commercial and probably does not even meet DOT spec which makes it definetly not commercial.
They do not have air brakes, they are hydraulic but with air- assist just as some have air-assist steering. The truck will stop without any air although it is not as much "fun".
Just my 1.5 cents worth.
Jim

Weight

If you drive a vehicle (other than a motorhome or truck/camper combo) that weighs OVER 26,001 lbs....you have to have a CDL license. With very few exceptions.

dmuchow

RE: Re: My herd of deuces.....

check your state laws, MN allows for you to have a class B or A license (i'm not sure class B would be enough for a > 26001 lbs truck) but without the commercial requirements. someone correct me if i'm wrong because i plan on buying something bigger than a deuce before the election.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks