• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Hilarious SF-97 (It's a real title)

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Okay, so I buy a deuce back in March or so. I pick it up in May and I finally took the time to apply for the SF-97 the first week in July as I was in no hurry.

I figure it will take months to get it and then I see they have the backlog cleared out and they are moving them through the process.

I'm sitting here this morning relaxing and the postman brings me a big envelope with GL on it so I'm thinking I can run down and get the title today.

I open and look at it and I'm thinking that it sure looks a lot like a title to me. It turns out that it is a title, a Florida title. Shows that GL is the former owner and has all the info on it that I put on my SF-97 application but it is a real title.

Am I the only one that this has happened to? I couldn't be. Is this what an SF-97 is supposed to be?

The upside is that since it is a title I think it gets me out of the new title inspection for Ohio.

If this is a change for GL I think it's a good one.

steve

Floridianson

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I think we a going to see more Fl. titles. I did nothing about SF 97. They sent me Fl. titles in there name I signed, mailed back and less than a month I have FL. titles. Don't know if because I am Fl. resident or what. Think they have FL. dealers licence.

Tackettr

I recieved the SF 97 (Certificate to Obtain Title to a Vehicle) with the following;

Transferor : DRMS Battle Creek MI

Transferee: Gov Liquidation Eglin AFB, FL

I also had a State of Florida, "Motor VehicleTitle Reassignment Supplement" with the following;

Seller: Gov Liquidation Eglin AFB, FL

Buyer: Me in Oklahoma.

Tag Agency looked at it long and hard, made many phone calls and finally started the paperwork to give me a title. They didn't understand why GL was on the paperwork or who they were. I still haven't recieved my title but only because I just had the VIN verified yesterday. I anticipate having a clean Oklahoma Title within the week or so.

Also, all the paperwork was back-dated to the closing date of the auction, resulting in me having to pay penalties because I didn't title it in 30 days.

Dont' you love it??? :D

That's my story.....

98hd

Well, I don't know if that is a Hilarious sf-97, but I had a humorous one once. An xm818 I got from GSA came w/ the SF-97 listing it as Make: Jeep Model: Cummings (yes that is the spelling used on the form)

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Well mine is a Certificate of Title, State of Florida.

It has AM General and the year and the weight and ID number.

Someone has written my name in as the buyer and it shows that I have paid the taxes and the purchase price as well.

We'll see how well it flys at the BMV next week. :)

Rebelpride

I faxed my three applications for an SF97 on July 21st, mailman pulled in the driveway today and had me sign a receipt. OPened the envelope an wowwy my 3 SF97's.

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'm sort of disappointed since I don't know what a SF-97 looks like..........

;-)

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks