• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

MRAP's in Iraq - NEW Pictures - Updated 03 Sep 2008

ArmyGuRu

MRAP's in Iraq - NEW Pictures - Updated 01 Dec 2008

I work in Iraq, though I would share some fresh pictures of the new MRAP's

The RG-33L's By BAE Systems, are the ones that I give operators training to the soldiers on.

The M1224 MaxxPro by International, We teach on these when needed.

The Armored Tractor by International, I saw passing through camp.

Enjoy,
GH

Attachments

Last edited:

ARMYMAN30YearsPlus

In Memorial
In Memorial
RE: MRAP

Thanks for posting them just remember DOD says do not post any battle damage photos on the web. Don't forget these babies cost a million bucks a pop.

ArmyGuRu

halftrack said:
Are those tow-bar clamps on the front of the BAE trucks in the first pic?
Yes, it can store the medium or heavy tow bar.

New Pictures coming soon.

MaxxPro Plus
Caiman Plus
BAE RG-33 HAGA (Heavy Armored Ground Ambulance)

bulldog_mack13

3/3 ACR
That IH "over the road truck" looks funny, wasnt much change on that from Civi to Military. I work at an Areospace company that does things for the MRAPs and some of the new things that arent out yet.

ArmyGuRu

If you use the Medium tow bar its not to bad, they are not as heavy, but the heavy tow bar, ouch, its about 5 feet off the ground. bad design if you ask me.

ARMYMAN30YearsPlus

In Memorial
In Memorial
that Ambulance would have probably saved a good friend of mines life. She was killed as the terrorists set off a second IED when her ambulance pulled on scene to treat wounded Iraqi people from the first cowardly act of violence. Just in case you are thinking of it don't Barrack Hussain Obama just got endorsement from the Saudia Arabian government and has backing of Hezbolla as well. Friends of the terrorist who killed my friend and thousands of other fine Americans. I have a lot of pictures of armor from my two tours and they do not compair to what our Soldiers are getting now thanks to all Americans who support us in this fight for freedom.

Stay safe over there and thanks for the update

TedG

It is great to see the final product. Around here, they are shipped from location to location being constructed...from naked hulls to painted hulls to partially dressed then off to final assembly on to the haulers. Thanks for posting!

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
After looking closely at these pics I now know what I am looking at when I see the vehicle bodies going down the road on a truck. Looking at it from the back it had a weird triangular shape. Now I know it is part of one of the MRAPs. The other giveaway was the tan paint job.........

thanks for the pics

steelsoldiers

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Thanks for the photos. I am so glad to see our guys and gals are starting to get the protection they deserve. It's too bad they didn't have this equipment from the beginning. I guess battle gear is under a constant state of evolution as the bad guys figure out how to thwart the latest technology.

Stay safe ArmyGuRu. Thanks for your service.

Green_gator

Thank you for posting these photos and stay safe while you are overseas. Those are some fantastic looking vehicles and from what little the news carries now they seem to work very well. Would love to have something like that but would hate to take it to the pump for fuel!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks