• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

MRAP's in Iraq - NEW Pictures - Updated 03 Sep 2008

TedG

Cool wrecker. What is with the yellow and blue wire rope? Beside used for towing and winching....

Last edited:

Highwayman87

I love the over the road truck as I hauled parts to International in Garland, TX where they were built. I got a close up look at the beast, it's all 1/4 thick steel cab and sleeper, not your ordinary tractor. I hauled the grills in from Minnesota for these and was proud that I did something to help in the manufacturing of these awesome trucks. Don't count on them hitting GL anytime soon however.

dpsmith

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thank's for the photo's, I've been seeing those IH trucks going down I-20 being shipped out. You see one about every twenty minutes so theres many more on the way.:razz:

DeuceNewb

Thanks for posting them just remember DOD says do not post any battle damage photos on the web. Don't forget these babies cost a million bucks a pop.
just curious, why not? i saw a few the other day through a google image result not even looking for them (was trying to find pics of rockwell steering boot gaurds)
also found a vid of some marines ghost riding one :)

im not asking you to post i am just curious as to what the reasoning is, since i have no military experience.

also, what kind of axles are under those?

Last edited:

Lonesome715

Hey ArmyGuRu where do you wirk and who do you work for. I am also working over here and a lot of the same photographs. I am on H2 right now.

Beerslayer

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The reason they don't want battle damage photos posted is that they could aid the enemy. No sense in advertising any chink in the armor or showing the enemy what successes they might have had.

Before you know it, those photos would be training material in Bad Guy School.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks