• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

OFFICIAL 08' RAUSCH CREEK SIGNUP THREAD!!

No.2Diesel

ATTENTION! THE FORUM MEMBER WHO ATTENDS WITH A MILITARY VEHICLE, TRAVELING THE FARTHEST DISTANCE GETS TO WHEEL FOR FREE FOR THE WEEKEND!!!(its on me)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Rally is October 10,11,12; Less than 2 months and counting! SIGN UP NOW! :eek:

Please read all current and previous Rally related threads!!

(I need to know who is attending to determine Convoy routes and schedule)

For those attending please post in this thread in LIST FORMAT:

-Your screen name (+how many guests)
-Home State
-Military Vehicle(s) you are bringing
-Whether you are attending for the Weekend or Day
-Whether you are convoying with the group or not
-What special item(s) or supplies bringing to share(like a cooking grate, hint,hint :wink: )

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
This post will be edited into the format below keep the information current, accurate and easy to read without having to scroll througheveryone's posts. Thanks. All other questions, comments & discussion should be reserved for the main thread.

2nd Annual Steel Soldiers Military Vehicle Rally at Rausch Creek 2008 Attendees

-------Name---------Home State-------Military Vehicle-------Duration----Convoying-----Special Item(s)

1.) No.2Diesel +1------New York-----M35A2, M923, WillysMB---Weekend--------Yes-----------Beer,Firewood,Spare Parts
2.) maddawg308------Virginia--------------M35A2, M332---------Weekend--------Yes-----------Chowbox, comm radios
3.) NewMVGuy---------New Jersey---------M35A2, M105A2------Weekend--------Yes-----------Firewood, towbar, spare parts
4.) Docthrush----------Pennsylvania-------M35A2, M725----------Weekend-------Maybe-------Stocked Ambulance
5.) Srjeeper------------Pennsylvania-------M35A2, M105----------Weekend--------Yes----------1KWGen, towbar, firewood
6.) Jakelc15 +6--------Maryland------------M35A2, CivTJ----------Weekend--------Yes-----------Firewood
7.) M37Dodge +2-----Pennsylvania--------M37---------------------Weekend--------Yes----------Grate, Stuff
8.) Johnfire-------------Pennsylvania--------M1009 CUCV-----------To be det.-------No-----------Stuff
9.) PaFarmer +?-------Pennsylvania--------M35A2, Civ4x4---------Weekend-------Maybe------Stuff
10.) JayJetSeck--------Pennsylvania--------M35A2, M105----------Fri.-Sat.---------Yes----------Possible Pig
11.) Scooter01922----Massachusetts-------M35A2------------------Weekend--------Yes---------Effort to attend is enough
12.) blackout-----------New Jersey----------M1028------------------Weekend--------Yes---------Stuff
13.) burt gummers----Pennsylvania--------M35A2, or himself-----To be det.-------Maybe-----Stuff
14.) LanceRobson-----New York-----M35A2,M105, CUCV 08'or09'--Wknd.---------Yes--------Too much stuff! :wink:
15.) rfischba1----------Maryland------------M1009, 101 trailer------Weekend--------Yes--------Stuff
16.) RhinoMike---------Pennsylvania-- M35A2 ,TowRig,Rock Buggy--Wknd.----------No---------Everything
17.) 86M10086.2L-----New York-------------M1008, M416-----------Weekend-------Yes--------Stuff
18.) Armyman's Son+1--Maryland-----CivJp(Grt.White Shark)--Wknd.--------------Yes----------?
19.) OLDCHEV4X4 Pennsylvania---------Civvy 69' Blazer---------Weekend-------No--------Cooking grate, pots & pans , Beer
20.) RickyOday-------Pennsylvania----------XM818-------------------Saturday-------No------------?

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
RE: OFFICIAL 08

Name: MadDawg308
Home State: Virginia
MV: M35A2
Duration: weekend
Convoying: yes
Special Items: chow box, cooking grate, firewood, towbar, military radio (for commo), beer and cigars

FormerNewMVGuy

I'll be coming!
I'm still the newmvguy :)
M35A2 + M105A2
Staying the weekend.
NJ.08559
firewood, towbar and my bad self! OH.. and some Brake parts ,and hydrualic filters for Rob

docthrush

Docthrush
Pennsylvania
M35 M725
-Weekend
Will convoy if possible (unknown)
Stocked ambulance count? As much as I can thats needed.

Srjeeper

Srjeeper
Pennsylvania
M35A2 + 105
Weekend
Will convoy, just say where & when
1000watt Generator, towbar, firewood

ARMYMAN30YearsPlus

In Memorial
In Memorial
I will unfortunately not be able to go but it is a great place to go to Maddawg will not get in trouble for climbing up any of the many piles of mine tellings. I really like the way they run the place and we have blown the spider gears out of my Son's 99 TJ on one trip and the trail guide had a few extras in his Jeep and gave them to us. We fixed it right there in the rocks.

On a later trip my son broke the rear axle in the POC Dana 35 so after driving it home in front wheel drive we scrapped the 35 and swapped in a one ton corporate 14 bold full floater his 4.0 doesn't make enough torque to break that one.

I will see if the boys can get free and bring up the CUCV I may even spring for the fuel for them to make the trip.

Have fun guys and gals.

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Man that would be cool if AM30Y+'s kids can go. It's less than an hour from your place, Colonel, be a shame for them to miss it!

No.2Diesel, edit mine to include a M332 trailer that I will use as the draggin' wagon with all the junk in it. Thanks.

Jakelc15

Jakelc15 + 6! M35a2 (me and the wife) Jeep Tj (sis, bro in law, & their 3 kids) Also their yukon. fri sat sun coming up from Glen burnie area. bringing firewood. Not much room left in the back. putting the Tj in the back of the deuce. If anyone has ramps I could borrow let me know!

No.2Diesel

Excellent Jake! Welcome aboard. Don't worry about the TJ. We can hoist it out with the 819.

You can travel up I-83 and meet up with Maddawg and others on I-81 in Harrisburg.

M37Dodge

M37Dodge + possbily 2 guests if weather is good
PA - Elizabethotwn - just outside Harrisburg
1952 Dodge M37ww - maybe a M101A1 to hold the camping stuff while on trails
Weekend if not raining
I hope to link up w/ convoy coming up I83 from York (South)
Misc hand tools (wrenches/rachets/shovel), kindling for the fire if needed, smores (if the wife comes).

Cooking grate? - like the grate off my gas BBQ, off a storm drain,a big iron skillet, or something like a habachi?

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Just had an idea: Dave, remember that camping spot that we had last year? If we can squeeze everyone in there, and it's available, I say we drop trailers and rope off the entire spot with our troop seats (like fencing) around the general area while we are out on the trail. If anyone has a large pavilion or maybe some camo net and spreaders, that would be good to provide a "common area" for everyone to cook in and relax in at the end of the day. My two cents. I know the owners didn't want us, last year, picking a spot for the whole weekend, but I feel its important to press these folks that we have a LOT of gear, and it's unrealistic to expect us to pack it all up every morning to make them happy. We NEED a dedicated camping spot for all our stuff.

docthrush

The spot that I think you guys were before is not open anymore. There are parts of the park that are part of the "land reclamation" project and I think thats one of the spots. Ill double check. Im not sure that there will be the same issues with not having everything spread out as far as beeing in the same spot all weekend as theres a different setup now. Anyhow Ill see what they haeve to say about it and get a good spot.

JohnFire

Johnfire
PA, Local to the area
M1009
Not sure depending on work will depend how much of the weekend i can make
Not convoying
Not sure what to bring

M37Dodge

Could some of those folks who went last year give suggestions on what individuals will need at the event. I assume a safe start for the list would be: toilet paper, garbage bags, water, food, plates, utensils, tent, chairs, first aird kit, some spare parts/tools, insect repellant, firewood, lantern, tarps (for under tent), rope for misc uses, flashlights, tow strap, radio, oil, coolant, brake fluid, soap, . . .?

I will be ripping off a roof from a 1900's house this weekend. Under the quick fix tin roof is the original 1/2" thick dry rotted cedar shingle roof - would it be good as firewood (incl nails)?

Also, I have a white 10' x 20' canopy tent with sides that may be useful - assuming it does not have to be reassembled daily.

No.2Diesel

Welcome aboard Johnfire! Just taking the time out of your day is greatly appreciated. I would say that you don't have to bring the cedar shingles. Maybe if someone had a big smoker :p I feel the same way M37Dodge. I'd love to bring a Deuceload of crap to burn but the possible nails in them may be a no-no. There are so many Deuces that are bringing a share of firewood that we will have quite the fire. You shouldn't have to bring any firewood as I'm sure you'll be squeezed for space as it is. I'm predicting future and I see us building a fire so big that the park staff yells at us. :twisted:

For anyone that hasn't read the RC General Info Thread: Last year everyone pretty much brought enough food, water & supplies to last them the weekend. Anything extra we shared amongst each other. Remember:

-There are no facilities except portacraps
-There is no water source
-There are no picnic tables
-All garbage must be packed in & out

Please bring for yourselves or for your group, a weekend's worth of:
-Food
-Water (for drinking, cooking, cleaning) (I'll be bringing some 5gal. bladders of some pure LI Lloyd acquifer water :wink: .)
-Toiletries
-Some garbage bags
-Appropriate clothing
-Tools & Spare parts
-First Aid Kit

All commonsense stuff. If there is anyone who doesn't want to camp out in their trucks, Please see: http://www.rauschcreekoffroadpark.org/sis/camp.php No one should feel that they have to camp etc.

Also remember: Except for the park fees (see RC website, I think $40-50 a day) there is no fee to participate in this event.

I hope this has answered alot of questions (that have already been answered in previous threads :wink: ) Any others feel free to ask.

No.2Diesel

Maddawg, as of now with the two M105s and the 332 we should be able to setup a sufficient boundary. I agree that a permanent campsite is required. The deal last year was that they wanted people with tents to be camping in the site we occupied. We had the unique ability to leave no permanent presence (no trailers, tents) as we wheeled with what we were camping in. No one took our spot Saturday night because they saw us camping there the previous night and I'm sure didn't want to mess with the "big army trucks."

This year however is different. The land that is leased to the RC offroad park is constantly undergiong mining/logging and reclamation of those previously impacted portions of the property. They have moved the office, shop, and Main Entrance further North on Molleystown Road. You now enter near the Comp Course. I am not sure if there are designated camping areas that are seperate from the big parking area. What I do know is that it is not at all as dusty as the "mars lander" parking lot of last year (see photo) They have put down a thick layer of some really big gravel (1-3") so the dust is not there. If we can camp on the perimeter under the tree canopy we should be fine. If someone has a foldout canopy to share in case of torrential rain that would be great. I don't think its necessary to bring some huge GP tent though.

In the coming weeks docthrush or other wheelers please report your findings.

Attachments

Jakelc15

Would be great to just pick the Jeep out of the back. I have a bunch of chains and straps too. Would be great to meet up with others on 83 or 81. What time is everyone going up friday?

PaFarmer

PaFarmer from PA. Bringing a Deuce and a smaller 4x4. Camping. May have the wife and kids stop in. There was some talk about a convoy to go to dinner?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks