• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Primary fuel filter spin on jatonka adapter Upgraded

m52a2

I mounted a spin on adapter to my m52a2 primary fuel filter housing, here's how: I started with Jatonka's spin-on primary fuel filter adapter for multifuel deuces and 5 tons. I new I had plenty of virtical height available so I called Baldwin Filter for a cross to the largest compatable filter to match the mounting of the NAPA 3405 filter that Jatonka recomended. The filter was to be a Baldwin BF1249, taller than the NAPA 3405, but better flow and capacity. On close inspection I saw the internal passages of Jatonka's adapter needed deburing, this was done with a small stiff round wire brush. I did not know if I would be painting the adapter so had Hard Coat Anodizing applied in black, it got painted over after all. I removed the original filter mount to facilitate designing and mounting a filter shield to protect the new thinner skinned spin on filter that is exposed to rocks and dirt in the five ton wheel well, and sat down with a pile of misc. military brackets to choose from to make the shield. I settled on a hummer frame to body mount for attachment to the bolts securing the filter housing and a rectangular antenna shield attached below. the resulting shield permits viewing (the filter to adapter connection) to ease filter replacement. It even allows clearance for a (strap or socket type) removal tool. After reinstalling the filter mount with the shield asm I mounted Jatonka's spin-on filter adapter as his directions specified. then on went the Baldwin BF1249 filter.

Attachments

m52a2

to the right of the filter mount you will see the Racor 24v fuel line heater that replaces the fuel line between the filter mount and fuel tank. It draws 13.5 amps on start and tapers off to less than 3 amps when hot allowing continuous use in cold weather.

Attachments

m52a2

Yes I did not move the filter mount from the original location & it is exposed in the wheel well of the 5 ton multifuel. the 5 ton multifuel uses the same filter as the deuce multifuel and as you know the military filter canister is unlikely to be damaged by debri. heck! you could probably shoot the original filter housing with 22 rimfire and it would not leak!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks