• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New member with questions about a possible M715 Purchase.

Uglyranger

In Memorial
In Memorial
Lonesome: I took a picture of your wife with Papa Bear. Finally got one of your son when he slowed down to just 75 miles per hour. I'll post them here if you want. I won't post them without your permission.

Lonesome715

Yeah, I have a problem with jeans. Part of my job is to decide how and where bunkers should be placed. Then I have to supervise their construction. Well my idea of leadership is to take an active part. So I get dirty a lot and ware out my cloths pretty quick. The heat does not help either. I sure do appreciate you all showing them around. I bet my son enjoyed it. We plan to go back to work on the M715 purchase once we recover a bit from the tuggers. I want that truck so bad I feel it in my gut when I look at the photographs. By the way, let me know if you are interested in using my tuggers for displays. They are going to be sitting until I get home any way.

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
Yes lonesome..your wife asked about the tuggers being displayed. We just might take you up on that. The important thing now is to get you home safely to your wife and son. We will help out anyway we can. We might even spring for an extra set of blue jeans...
That little boy is a heck of a trooper...if you have one hundredth of his energy...the war will be over quickly!!~
Don't worry about that 715...if you don't get it...we will help you get something better. The wife even said she might go over there? Holy crap...if your son goes..everything will be done at a frenzied rate!!!!
He can sure wear out some old fellers quick!!
God bless you Brother...and your precious family. We will help watch them here at home.

Lonesome715

When I get home on R&R I’ll see if I can get them to start. They turn over so as long as they get fuel they should be fine. Then you can use them to move stuff in necessary. I would say arriving home safe will not be a problem. But it looks as though I will be getting the “outside the wire” job I have been pushing for. It has been several months since I have been out there.

He is a little fire ball. Since my injuries I have had a hard time keeping up with him. I think he will sit still when I get the tools out and start wrenching on stuff. He loves to “help”.

Attachments

Lonesome715

Uglyranger said:
Lonesome: I took a picture of your wife with Papa Bear. Finally got one of your son when he slowed down to just 75 miles per hour. I'll post them here if you want. I won't post them without your permission.
Dman man, I must have missed your post. No, I do not mind at all. I think it is good to promote this hobby as a family activity.

Wolf.Dose

It is nice to hear that other owners also have temperature problems ( means burnd / overheated oil) with their tranfer. Well, let us remenber the origian of the transfer. It is the WC62 / 63 from WWII. By that time speed and torque was much lower. With nowaday's speeds on the highway I cut the oil changing period to less than 6000 miles, halve of the recommended 12000 miles.
I had these problems allready with a weak 65 HP Diesel engine, however not to the extend as with the 6.2 l DD.
An other problem is the propper ventilation of the trans. It spits the oil into the vent and clocks it. I'm on experiments.
When I did find a solution, I put some pic of that in to the forum.
Wolf

Lonesome715

If I get this one, I had planned on leaving the stock (if it is still there) T-case in place. Is that not a good idea if I add a mor modern deisel engine?

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
Hey Lonesome... sorry I took so long to get back to you on the M715. I think I told you we have one of the best "scouts" ever trained. Well today, the scout showed up and he has laid his hands on the very 715 in your pictures. He and another member of the group saw that truck over 2 years ago and they both said it is a POS...
If you saw some of the stuff they have brought in as "restorable" you would know that 715 is a basket case and worth no where 2K. Shoot...just hang in there...when ya come home for R&R maybe we can help ya find something better...and cheaper.
Keep the faith Brother

Lonesome715

Thanks. I guess the seller as been trying to sell it for a while. Did he say how much it is worth? I do not mind bringing trucks back from the dead.

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
Lets do this Lonesome...that truck aint going anywhere anytime soon. Let's wait til you come home in..October is it?
We'll show you around and probably find you something better...and cheaper
What say you sir?

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
Lets do this Lonesome...that truck aint going anywhere anytime soon. Let's wait til you come home in..October is it?
We'll show you around and probably find you something better...and cheaper
What say you sir?

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
I hear you lonesome...you would have freaked if you saw the dodge command car and the WC weapons carrier we saw yesterday!! Man are they nice (rusty but very restorable). The guy won't give them up...yet.
We'll help ya find something you will love...much better than an M715

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
Hey lonesome...Big surprise waiting when you get home. Just gonna let ya simmer and hold ya in suspence. Heck...it's only a few more days!!!
Larry

Lonesome715

A few more days? This week is ddddddrrrrrrrrrraaaaaaaaggggggggiiiiiinnnnngggggg by. I have already cleared and now I am pacing. I need a bunker to biuld.

BugEyeBear

Not very unusual for these to have an engine swap, as the original Tornado engine has a few issues AND is expensive to rebuild. Mine has a Ford 300cu-in straight-6. Most common swap is a small-block Chevy. Drivetrain is otherwise pretty miuch BULLET-PROOF, so it takes the power upgrade with ease...

$2K isn't bad if it is relatively rust-free (rot), fairly straight body, driveable, & has most all of the parts. Pretty common to have a missing tailgate. These can be found via other M715 owners at M715Zone.com (very friendly site). (There is a member on there now selling off a parts truck...) [thumbzup]

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks