• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Need help with Bose military headset

Stingrhay

Hate to bust your bubble but I work for the Co. that NAPCO Intnl. subcontracts to actually build the ANR -A-80 Module and I can tell you first hand(because I had a discussion with our engineer )who by the way designed the new AM-1780n and was on the design team at Cinn.elecronics for much of the vic original design process and he said the ANR A-80 is completely different than standard A-80 as the impedance matches are different............SOOOOOOO! just adding 24V at center pin on 6 pin audio connection is'nt gonna end with the result you are searching for,and because I'd like to accomplish the same thing you do but can't get the parts due to proprietary agreement with NAPCO Intl.
the best option you have at this point is sell your VIC-1 and all the pieces and apply towards a VIC-3 set-up (which is pretty pricey ,or sell the headset to someone who has a VIC-3 and can actually use it. Hope I've shed some light on the options as unfortunate as they are.
Not trying to be a vulture ,but if you do decide to sell your headset I would be interested as I recently aquired a VIC-3 for my Pinzgauer project. Good luck with whatever you opt to do.

popacom :grd:

Popacom, Guys, I found this...

Napco International

Looks to me as if its the soultion to the problem at hand...

Let me know what you think.

Tom

akt12

I bought a used Bose Triport Tactical headset, my ambient sound amplification takes one AA battery. I bought the female jack to fit over the plug from David Clark. I then gutted a Motorola shoulder mic and added it to the headset so I now have a two-in-one to use with my portable and plug into a Vic3 someday...Got tired of researching and trying to adapt stuff.

Last edited:

Esquire122

I just acquired a like-new Bose Triport Tactical Headset along with a coiled extension cable. As soon as I can figure out
the pinouts of the plug, I am going to mate it with my Motorola HT1250 UHF radio, which also covers FRS. If anyone has
any pinout diagrams for the Nexus AP-107 Watertight Breakaway connectors for the TTH, I would appreciated getting the information.

Respectfully,
Esquire.

Last edited:

Over

Are all bose cvc liner muffs vic-3? How can I tell the difference? Are all dh-132b vic-3? This gets confusing!
If it has the battery door it's VIC-3? If it's bose and no battery door it's VIC-1? Help!
11.jpg

Attachments

Last edited:

Over

Is this the cable to use vic-3 CVC DH-132B in VIC-1 boxes (C-2298)?

https://www.bpbsurplus.com/xcart/product.php?productid=593

This is a military radio audio cable assembly, Napco PN CX-2402 TD ANR. The cable assembly has a Nexus AJ-107B connector on one end, a U-229/U six pin connector, and a U-329/U five pin connector on the other end. The cable assembly is in good physical condition. UNUSED Surplus $75

NAPCO Adapter Cables
Solicitation Number: W912LM12T005
https://www.fbo.gov/index?s=opportu...ae500ebc1cffd4777b1b655ffea&tab=core&_cview=0

ke5eua

I changed my pic to show the left side. So battery door VIC-3, no battery door VIC-1 even if a Bose?
Yep

Pic of VIC-1 headset

IMG_0064.jpg

Pic of CVC headset, just like yours. I washed my liner and repainting my shell. My umbilical cable is a little different than the one you posted.

IMG_0065.jpg

VIC 1 umbilical, only 5 pins each connector.

IMG_0066.jpg

My CVC umbilical only has 5 pins each connector also. This means I would have to use batteries to get the noise canceling function to work correctly.

IMG_0067.jpg

Over

So you did get your VIC-3 Bose CVC set to work on your VIC-1 box (C-2298,C-2297, C-10456 and C-2238) just no canceling? In the previous post's they indicated it wouldn't work and that's why I dug up the link to the cable that enables VIC-3 headsets to work on VIC-1 but the thing is $75!

I have some split cables like yours I can use.

15.JPG
Pigtail

13.jpg
14.jpg

I bought 6 of these. Hope I can use them on my VIC-1 C-2298 box. I am hoping even though it has a center pin it will work since the pin outs map the same and center isn't used?
Add read: ROANWELL/SONETRONICS AVIATION HEADSET/MICROPHONE SET.THE MODEL NUMBER IS H2280.THE UNIT WORKS WITH THE AN/VRC-12

Last edited:

ke5eua

That nokia phone, lol

I haven't even put the cvc headset on the vic-1 yet. Been so busy with the mechanical aspect. Next week I'm tackling the electronics so I'll be able to tell you then.

Azrial

Forgive me for bringing back a post from the dead, but does anyone have a pinout for the Bose Tri-Port? Mine has the battery and switchbox and I want to use it with my Motorola XTS5000.

Thanks!

akt12

I found 5 Peltor Tactical headsets used once on Ebay. I bought a Peltor cord and plug them straight into my handheld VHF shoulder mic. The ambient sound is way more sensitive better than the Bose.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks