• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Portable Round Top Storage Sheds

Does anyone store their duece in one of those portable (round top) storage sheds? If you do, what size do you have (w/ or w/o winch)? I am possibly looking to get one to store the duece in the winter but would rather not get one too huge. What's the minimum size anyone hase used for their duece? Are you able to drive it in/out as well?

id get one thats atleast 10' tall clearance... 9' minimum. and atleast 25' long if you have a winch truck. but it remeber it needs to be 9' tall at 7' wide if your trying to make it tight so the cab can clear.. taller if you have a cargo cover on it

or if you have no cargo cover, willing to take the top off, drop the window and take the muffler top off you can put it into a cars garage with a 7' door ;)

sprucemt

I use a two large fabric tension buildings. My most recent is a ClearSpan purchased thru Tek Supply. The Solarguard that I have is 26wx12hx36l. Round style frame with Forest Green 12.5 oz, 24 mil premium, 15 year warranty material, with a skylight. Depending on snowload, you may have to order more rafters to compensate. I am very pleased with this unit.

I have another unit that is 26wx10hx42l that is a "StrorageMaster style" (pitched roof). This style is a nightmare if you are in snow country.

The round top is far superior in snow country. You can check these out online at www.teksupply.com

Irv

I have used the (used to be) cheap Costco tents that are 10 wide, 20 long, and too short. I raised each leg a couple of feet with PVC tubing, which was just the right size (2"). The sides don't come all the way to the ground and it looks like a pair of high water pants, but works fine. Drilled a hole in the side of the PVC and inserted a long nail into it to keep the steel tent frame from falling down through it. Stored a 9 foot tall M75 APC in there just fine. To keep it from flying away, I used a rope at each end of the ridge pole to come down and tie off on the vehicle.

BobM

Irv said:
I have used the (used to be) cheap Costco tents that are 10 wide, 20 long, and too short. I raised each leg a couple of feet with PVC tubing, which was just the right size (2"). The sides don't come all the way to the ground and it looks like a pair of high water pants, but works fine. Drilled a hole in the side of the PVC and inserted a long nail into it to keep the steel tent frame from falling down through it. Stored a 9 foot tall M75 APC in there just fine. To keep it from flying away, I used a rope at each end of the ridge pole to come down and tie off on the vehicle.
nopics

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks