• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Hawker batteries?

Junk and not worth nothing.... Please send all good ones to me rofl..

I got a couple here that came with a truck from GL.. Its now living in my wrecker. They are the best new style military batteries out there. If you get or come accross them HANG ON to them.. they are pricey and are a very strong battery... :lol:

FMJ

In Memorial
In Memorial
Ditto

I got a set that came in a GL truck as well, now in my Deuce. Good batts, someone GAVE away a set here not to long ago :shock:

emmado22

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Do a search on here, I posted a few links about them. They are GREAT batts, but require you to change your thinking on what voltage constitutes a "dead" battery..
I have 4 of them, they are great.

They also arent cheap....

cranetruck

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
With beauties like these, maintenance should be paramount, make sure they are kept at full charge at all times, keep them cool and with perfect connections.
Checked with the Chargetek 500 dealer and was told that it's good for Optima and Hawker type batteries also.

To keep the batteries from "sulfating", maintain the batteries individually at full charge. Solargizers will not restore a charge, they only treat a condition that shouldn't occur in the first place IMHO.

snowplow

Thanks for all the good info, I have sent Hawker a request for quote or a dealer, will let you know what I hear. $477 for a bat is sure high, I bought some new duce bats around 3 yrs ago & they were $200+. I think when it was rebuilt at Oshkosh in 86 they put a 24V alternator & it had 4 6V bats. Since it is in SLC & I'm in HOU, have to wait for the lads to check & get back to me on what I have. Just trying to get ahead on parts when they get going on it - think if I can afford & get them I will go with the Hawker bats.

Hawkerbatteryguy

Howdy all, I am the Hawker battery FSR to the Dept of Defense. As an old retired SFC out of 10th MTN served 86-06, I want to ensure everyone especially our warfighters get the support and products they need to kill the bad guys.

www.hawkeraplus.com

877-485-1472 is my support number for all, it will go to a message system and then relay to my crackberry, SO leave a message and I'll get back to you ASAP.

The Army uses www.pulsetech.net/ charging/analyzing gear for the Hawker and all 12V batteries.

Feel free to call with any questions and pass around the info -

Last edited by a moderator:

Guyfang

Staff member
Howdy all, I am the Hawker battery FSR to the Dept of Defense. As an old retired SFC out of 10th MTN served 86-06, I want to ensure everyone especially our warfighters get the support and products they need to kill the bad guys.

www.hawkeraplus.com

877-485-1472 is my support number for all, it will go to a message system and then relay to my crackberry, SO leave a message and I'll get back to you ASAP.

The Army uses www.pulsetech.net/ charging/analyzing gear for the Hawker and all 12V batteries.

Feel free to call with any questions and pass around the info -
THIS is the key to keeping and maintaining great HAWKER battery's. I met a HAWKER rep. in 2010, that took all the HAWKER "unservicable" battery's out of the DRMO in Graf, about 80. Using the Pulstec equipment, he recovered all but two battery's. Pulsetec and HAWKER are a team you can't beat.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks